Thread: Hotmail.com hacked ? Receiving lot of spam emails in my hotmail account

Hotmail.com hacked ? Receiving lot of spam emails in my hotmail account

Hello all,
    Today I was shocked to see a lot of spam emails in my hotmail account, which I never saw anything similar before. It appears to me that hotmail.com is going under massive spam attack or only my mail account is under attack. Is hotmail.com hacked or what, can anyone confirm me about it. I have even mailed to their support team and still waiting for their replies. Hope that it gets cleared as soon as possible cause I dont want to create a new email account again. Please help me.
    The best there was…
    The best there is…
    The best there ever will be
    .JERRY™

Re: Hotmail.com hacked ? Receiving lot of spam emails in my hotmail account

If you want to identify the mail sender for the unwanted spam e-mail messages, you can report Spam email messages in Hotmail by following the below procedure:

1. Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail Web site by using your Windows Live ID.
    2. On the left side of the screen, click Mail.
    3. In the folder list, click Inbox.
    4. Right-click the message in the message list, and then click View source.
    5. Select the contents of the message.
    6. Right-click the selected text, and then click Copy.
    7. Compose a new e-mail message, and then address the message to report_spam@hotmail.com.
    8. Click in the body of the new message, and then press CTRL+V. Then, click Send.

If you think that your hotmail is hacked, then you can try to change security question and password over and over again, and always try to keep it confidential and never say it or give it to anyone even your friends cause you never know what can happen. If you are using your account for business purposes then please avoid such above practices cause you might be having your many secret debit card or creadit card information in it, that can be used for transactions from you. If everything fails then try to contact hotmail customer care asap.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think you should use this link that will help you with all issues related to hotmail account. Through Spaces there is a help site that relates to the most common problems with hotmail and what we can do to deal about them. You can also bookmark the same site cause it updates regularly and you can learn a lot of things on it. Hope that helps you out.

There is a way to filter incoming messages and block or allow from specific sender or domain

To block or allow messages from specific senders and domains:

To reduce junk e-mail (Unwanted, unsolicited, or illicit e-mail or other electronic messages, including spam), you can block messages from specific e-mail addresses or from an entire domain. You can also specify e-mail addresses or domains that should never be classified as junk e-mail senders. When you do this, mail from these senders will not be blocked.

Block e-mail from a specific sender
    1. Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail website with your Windows Live Hotmail account.
    2. Double-click the message from the sender that you want to block.
    3. Click Mark as Junk. The e-mail is deleted, and any further e-mail from the same sender is blocked.

Allow e-mail from a specific sender
    1. Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail website with your Windows Live ID Hotmail account.
    2. Double-click the message from the sender that you want to allow.
    3. Click Mark as safe.

Block e-mail from a sender or domain
    1. Sign in to the Windows Live Hotmail website with your Windows Live Hotmail account.
    2. In the upper-right corner of the page, click Options, and then click More options.
    3. Under Junk e-mail, click Safe and blocked senders.
    4. Click Blocked senders.
    5. Type an e-mail address or domain, and then click Add to List.

Allow e-mail from a sender or domain
    2. In the upper-right corner of the page, click Options, and then click More options.
    3. Under Junk e-mail, click Safe and blocked senders.
    4. Click Safe senders.
    5. Type an e-mail address or domain, and then click Add to List.

More information here: http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...nk-e-mail.aspx

I was sent an email in regards to a personal matter since i opened it and responded i have had odd emails sent to me when i try to sign into my msn it doesnt work the first time but it does the second. I have found emails in my deleted or junk file that i did not place there. Please help! I need a Dummies version of help on this.

Quote Originally Posted by angele View Post
    I was sent an email in regards to a personal matter since i opened it and responded i have had odd emails sent to me when i try to sign into my msn it doesnt work the first time but it does the second. I have found emails in my deleted or junk file that i did not place there. Please help! I need a Dummies version of help on this.
    If you think that the email is a spam, then you can address it to the Windows Live Hotmail Junk Mail Filter for improvement. First of all tick all checkboxes of the messages you want to report as spam are selected. After that click Junk from the Windows Live Hotmail toolbar. You can also open it and then report it individually using Junk from the message's toolbar.