Thread: Mozilla Firefox Crashes in Windows 7 64-bit

Mozilla Firefox Crashes in Windows 7 64-bit

Hello, I have a desktop computer which was installed with Windows Xp on it. The desktop computer is connected to an Internet connection. I use Mozilla Firefox as the default browser to access Internet. Recently I upgraded the operating system on my computer to Windows 7 64-bit and since then Mozilla Firefox Crashes in Windows 7. No matter how many times I try to open the application, it opens in a new window but after some time shows that the application is not working. Therefore if anybody is facing similar problem then please suggest some solutions about the same.

re: Mozilla Firefox Crashes in Windows 7 64-bit

It is possible that the version of the Mozilla firefox which you are using is corrupt and hence it is crashing when tried to run. All the applications consist of files. If the files associated to the application get corrupt due to some reason then the application does not work properly. Hence to solve this issue, either find and replace all the files which are corrupt or uninstall the browser completely from the computer and remove all the files which associated to it. Replacing the corrupted files will help you in solving the problem.

The add ons and the applications which are installed on the browser, create problems which are similar to the one you are facing. If the files of the addon or the application are corrupt then the performance of the browser suffers as it is linked to the application or addon. Try removing the applications and the addons which are installed on the browser and then check the performance of the browser. To see if the problem which you are facing with the browser is due applications or not, start the browser in Safe mode and then see if the browser works properly. If browser works properly in safe mode then find and remove the application which is creating problem.

Windows XP is a 32 bit operating system while the version of Windows 7 which you have installed is 64 bit. The applications which work in 32bit without any problems do not work on the 64 bit operating system. The applications of 64 bit system are different than the applications which designed for 32bit system. As you have upgraded the operating system, you will have to install the 64 bit version of Mozilla firefox on the computer. Download and install the 64 bit of Mozilla and then see if the browser crashes or not.

If the system is corrupt due to some virus then it will not allow certain application to run. Virus's have the tendency to link with the applications which are used by the user frequently. If the virus gets linked with any of such application then the user will not be able to use the application. Hence scan the system using an updated antivirus and clean all the infected files. Do not delete any files, as it may lead to total system failure. If you dont have an updated antivirus, use the free online scan which is provided by many of the antivirus solution providing companies.