Thread: How to enable GreaseMonkey User Scripts in Google Chrome?

How to enable GreaseMonkey User Scripts in Google Chrome?

Hi there, i have one issue that i need to solve so help me with the same. As i am the user of the Mozilla Firefox and having the GreaseMonkey user script on the same. Now i want to move to the Google Chrome but the problem is that i am worried about the GreaseMonkey script that is not supported by the same. So tell me How to enable GreaseMonkey User Scripts in Google Chrome?. Thank you

Re: How to enable GreaseMonkey User Scripts in Google Chrome?

I think you have not gone through the news that is declared by the Google Chrome that the GreaseMonkey script is now support the Google Chrome as it is supported by the Firefox. Now Google Chrome can use the 40,000 script of the GreaseMonkey. Aaron Boodman who is the software engineer of the Chromium and also the original author of the GreaseMonkey has revealed about this news. But the people who are using the Google Chrome older version they cant use this as this only work with the updated version of Google Chrome 4. So upgrade your browser and then use the same.

If you are using the older version of the Google Chrome and don't want to update it the you have to follow the steps that will enable the GreaseMonkey script in the Google Chrome. Just navigate to the " C:UsersDENNISAppDataLocalGoogleChromeUser DataDefault" in the Installation drive that is 'C' drive in this example. Now create a folder in it as the User Script. After that go to the shortcut of the Google Chrome from the desktop and select the property of it. Now in the target location at the end write "--enable-user-scripts" and click on OK. Thats it!!!!!!!!!!

I am having the older version of the Google Chrome that i don't want to change. As i have discussed above i am planning to switch it to the Google Chrome so i have less idea about the use of the same. So if you please explain me about the complete procedure to make the change that you are discussing about. Thanks in advance

AS you are getting problem to understand the above method so i am explaining you the complete thing in detail so that you can achieve the same.
    1. Just navigate the "DataDefault" in Google Chrome installation Folder
    2. Now Create the new folder and name it as the User Scipt
    3. Now Go to the Shortcut of the Google Chrome
    4. Right Click on the same
    5. Select the properties from the context menu
    6. Now in the Shortcut tab go to target
    7. Now end of the address type "--enable-user-scripts"
    8. Click OK
    And now you are ready to use the GreaseMonkey script in the Google Chrome.

One thing that got lost in the commotion of the extensions launch is a feature that is near and dear to my heart: Google Chrome 4 now natively supports Greasemonkey user scripts. Greasemonkey is a Firefox extension I wrote in 2004 that allows developers to customize web pages using simple JavaScript and it was the inspiration for some important parts of our extension system.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's