Thread: Internet Explorer does not starts

Internet Explorer does not starts

Hello friends, I am facing a very unusual problem with the Internet Explorer browser which I am using. I have a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP on it. Internet Explorer is the browser which I use to access the Internet. Recently the Internet Explorer started giving some problems while trying to run it. Whenever the application is started, the process is visible in task manager, but it does not opens in the Window. As I am not that computer savvy, I am not able to figure out what is causing the problem and hence I would like your help in solving the issue. Therefore If somebody knows why Internet Explorer does not start, please share some information about it.

Re: Internet Explorer does not starts

I think the installed version of the Internet Explorer on your computer has got corrupt and hence it is not starting. All the applications need all the files associated to it to function properly. If any of the associated files get corrupt due to some reason then the application wont function properly. Either find and replace the corrupted files on the computer or uninstall the browser and then install it again on the computer. Reinstalling or replacing the corrupt files will solve the problem.

There must be more than one processes running for the Internet Explorer at the same time and hence the browser is not starting. Before starting the Internet explorer, go to task manager and open the processes tab. In the processes tab, find and locate the processes related to the Internet explorer. Terminate all the processes of the Internet explorer and then try to open the application. If all the previous processes of the Internet explorer are terminated, the application will start when it is started again.

Are there any other browsers installed on the computer? If yes then they could be the reason why Internet explorer is not working. If a new browser is installed on the computer, it asks the user if he wants to set it as the default browser. If the newly installed browser is set as the default browser and then if Internet explorer is tried to open then the two browsers conflict and hence Internet explorer does not open. Remove any of the other browsers that are installed with all the files associated to it. After removing other browsers, Internet explorer will work fine.

Scan the system with an updated antivirus and check the number of files which are infected. There is a high possibility that the system which you are using is infected with some kind of virus which is not letting Internet explorer to function properly. When the virus gets linked to the files associated to the browser then the browser will not work properly. Hence scan the system and then repair or quarantine all the files which are infected. After cleaning all the infected files check if the browser works properly or not.

Sometimes the installed addons and the 3rd party applications on the browser create problems similar to one that you are facing. If the installed add on or the application is corrupt then it affects the performance of the browser as the browser is linked with the application or add on. Remove any of the recently installed addon or application from the browser and then check if the browser is working properly or not. Before removing the add on or the application, disable the add ons one by one to find which is creating problem and then disable it.