Thread: Safe browsing with Firefox

Safe browsing with Firefox

Hi,
    I am using Mozilla Firefox for web browsing. The issue is that I had found some users manipulating my accounts. I think this issue lies with the firefox. What can I do to maintain the browsing security in it. I does not use any other browser because Mozilla seems very easy to use. What option are available for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Safe browsing with Firefox

It is common in most of the browsers that when you on the internet visiting sites they stores the web site particulars on your hard drive. That means the images or text. This is habit of browser is called as cookies. Many time you have noticed that when you click on a gmail page your inbox popped up. This is really not safe. A better way for this will be setup your privacy setting in Mozilla and control your personal data.

It is quiet possible to low down the time of data retention in Firefox. That can be done by changing some settings in the browser history options. What I know is by default Firefox safe a browsing history for 90 days. That means the records of web pages are maintained for 90 days. You can reduce that time to a week or day. Just launch the browser and go to Tools > options. Then go to Privacy and > history. Set the history time to 7 weeks or less if you want.

I will recommend instead of keeping any history information, better don't keep any. By this it will become hard for the other uses to track your data information. You can simply uncheck the box of history time. Then your browser will not maintain any records of what sites you visit daily. This reduces the chances of password thefting in the same manner.

I erase the traces of my surfing spontaneously. The same is possible in Firefox but not available in the older versions of other browser. Some click and whatever you have done disappears. That can be done by clicking on Clear Private Data in the Tools menu. You can check on the proper options which you want to clear up.

Go in the privacy section from the tools menu and thus clicking on options. Then click on settings. Now check the boxes of those which you don't want. They are set by default when you install the browser. Then you can confirm the selection by OK. This will help you to manage your surfing more easily. Even if you switch to a internet security software that will be a much help.