Thread: Computer crashes while playing online games

Computer crashes while playing online games

Hello, I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP. The computer is connected to a broadband connection and the default browser on my computer is Mozilla firefox. Recently I am facing problems while playing games online. Whenever Mozilla firefox is used to play games online the computer crashes and then error file named "hs_err_pid" is visible on my desktop. This happens everytime when I use Mozilla firefox to play games online. Also while playing some games online I get high latency and pings due to which game lags. I dont understand why Computer crashes while playing online games and why do I get high pings in some games. What is "hs_err_pid" file? Please share some useful information.

Re: Computer crashes while playing online games

A lot of data has to be transferred while playing online games. As lot of data has to be transferred the connection speed required is also high. If the connection speed is low then you are bound to get high latency and ping while gaming as your computer will not be able to send and receive the data at a faster rate. Hence check the speed of the connection and if it is low then you can upgrade the speed of connection if required. To check the performance of your connection while gaming, visit the websites like Speedtest and Pingtest and perform the online tests provided by it. After performing the tests the website will grade the connection according to its performance.

The browser which you are using must be corrupt and must be the reason behind the crashing of the computer. The files of the internet browser get corrupt easily. If the files associated to the browser get corrupt then the browser will not work properly and will cause frequent crashes in the browser or in the computer. Uninstall the current version of the browser from the computer and then remove all the files and keys associated to it. Once the computer is clear of the traces of the application, download and install the latest version of the browser.

Disable all the applications and the addons which are installed on the browser. If the applications or the addon which are installed on the browser are corrupt then it may create similar problems like the one which you are facing. Removing the corrupt application or the add on from the browser will solve the problem. To be sure if the problem is due to the addons, first disable all the addons and check the performance of the browser. To disable all the addons, start the browser in safe mode. In safe mode all the addons are disabled therefore if the browser works fine then find the addon which is creating the problem and remove it.

Normally computer crashes are related to the operating system failure. If the files of the operating system which are required for playing online games are missing on the system then the system is sure to crash when the need of such files arises. Therefore the only solution to the problem is to reinstall the operating system again on the computer. If you have the install disk of the Windows XP operating system then insert it and boot the system from it. The installer will load and will give you options for installation. If you want you can repair the windows installation on the system or you may choose to install fresh copy of the operating system.

hs_err_pid file is log file which is created when the system faces a error while executing certain application. The error which you are getting is due to failure of the Java component of the browser which is causing the system to crash. To solve the problem, remove the previously installed Java component of the browser and then download latest version which is available for the browser which you are using. Install the Java component and then use the browser to play games online. You will not face the same problem again.