Thread: Mozilla Firefox won't load pages after some time

Mozilla Firefox won't load pages after some time

Hello friends, I have as Asus Eee netbook which is running on Windows XP operating system. I have net connection on my desktop computer which I share it with Asus Eee netbook. I use Mozilla firefox as the default browser to access Internet but now the Mozilla firefox is acting very strangely. Now Mozilla Firefox won't load pages after some time. Internet works fine for sometime and then the browser does not load any pages. I cant figure out what is causing the problem and hence need your help in finding the solution. Is is some kind of virus? Any suggestions are welcome.

Re: Mozilla Firefox won't load pages after some time

I think there is some problem with the current installed version of the browser. The files associated to the applications which are used to access the Internet get corrupted easily. The problem which you have mentioned seems like the installation of the browser on your system has somehow got corrupt and is creating problem while surfing. Uninstall the current version of the browser from the computer and remove all the related files and keys of the browser from the computer. To remove the related keys of the application you will have to use registry editor. Becareful while editing registry file as it may cause system failure if not edited properly.

Scan the computer with an updated version of the Antivirus and check the number of the infected files. It is possible that the system is corrupted by some virus which is creating problems while surfing Internet. Virus's have the tendency of getting linked with the application which is used frequently. Once the virus gets linked with the application then the application wont work properly. If there are any infected files found on the system, then repair or quarantine them and then check the performance of the browser. You can also you free online scan facility provided by many Antivirus solution provider companies.

Sometimes the Link which is providing the bandwidth to the computer is faulty and loses connection to the network. In such situation the browser wont be able to load the pages of the website which are desired as the computer has no connection to the network. Hence contact the ISP and get the link which is providing the bandwidth checked. If the link is found to be faulty then tell the ISP to rectify it. Meanwhile you can visit the Websites like SPEEDTEST and PINGTEST which provide online tests which are performed on the link to check the performance of the link.

The applications and the addons which are installed on the browser also can create problem if they are corrupted. In firefox many of the addons and application get installed on the browser without the users consent. If such an application or addon is corrupt then it will corrupt the files associated to the browser. Try disabling all the addons and the application and then check the performance of the browser. To disable all the applications and addons of the firefox, start the firefox in safe mode in which only the basic features of the browser are loaded. To start the application in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode" in run tab. If the browser works fine in safe mode then find and remove the application or addon which is creating problem.

Whenever same connection is shared between two computers, the connection speed which both the computers get is very low. If both the computers are using Internet at the same time then the speed will further get reduced. Check if there are any active downloads on both the computer when the Firefox stops loading websites. There must be some downloads active in the background like software updates which must be hampering the performance of the browser. Disable all the active and scheduled downloads and then check if the browser is able to load the web pages or not.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain