Thread: Backing up emails in windows vista

Backing up emails in windows vista

Hi,
    I had installed windows vista in my computer some couple of month ago. Now what happen is that due to a driver conflict is the system is crashing continuously. The same does not happen in windows xp. I am not able to locate the vista drivers. The best thing is to downgraded to xp back again. I have a windows xp disc. But the most important thing which I have in my vista PC is my mails in the inbox of outlook. How to get backing up emails in windows vista.

Re: Backing up emails in windows vista

You want to have the all the back up of the emails in the windows vista. In the windows vista the emails are stored at the location of C and that also in eml file format. You have to go to the location 'C:Go to the Users then the User name after select AppData then to the location Local\Microsoft\WindowsMail\ Local Folders. You have to use the same username which you use in the vista. And this way you will be able to see all the files and folders in this location.

You may be noticed that or you had see it that their are various mail boxes in the windows vista. With the all contains multiple .eml files which communicate to personal email messages. Their names are not predominantly revealing, so if you want to be persnickety or selective about the messages you save, export the whole lot and delete the ones you don't want later.

Once you have Windows XP installed, it is not so complicated to open Outlook Express and click and drop the email messages into the submission. If you use convention folders for your email, you will have to reconstruct those in Outlook Express first though. For this you have go to the file/export in the mail with the window vista. After that you have to select the export to 'Microsoft Windows Live Mail' format.

In this option if you are not able to see the Export. If you are not able to see it on the toolbar. Your system must be tested on PCSTATS, as the option was not open because the vista thinks this folder is used maintain the other data which can be like music, photos or video files. To make it proper you can export your contacts, for this you have to go to the file menu for this press Alt button go to the View > "Customize This Folder."

From the above reply you may see that how to open the folders and how to go to the option called Customize. When you reached till here then at the Customize tab in which you are already. You have to modify the option like what type of folder you are going to use. Whatever it is presently set to, to "Contacts". Click "apply" and "OK". After you have done this you can see all the contacts list in detail.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain