Thread: Emails in thunderbird disappeared

Emails in thunderbird disappeared

Hi

I have Mozilla thunderbird 3 installed on my window 7 pc. Today when I opened my account , All my email messages in thunderbird have been disappeared. The address book is still there.The online help says this is a fact not uncommon, and if the address book is still there after the accounts should still be on my team. How to access Lost profiles, etc - most do not understand. I can not find any file called prefs.js profile.ini or, to begin my recovery process.

Re: Emails in thunderbird disappeared

Make sure that the menu "View - Folder" and "View - Discussions" both settings are set to "All". See the folder "Spam" and "Deleted". Depending on the settings of the anti-spam filters, messages can be automatically forwarded to your Spam folder "or" Deleted ".

If you've configured filters to messages, some of the incoming messages will be exposed to a folder other than the Inbox. Check the description of filters in the "Tools - Message Filters ..." and select the problematic account from the drop-down list at the top. You can check the protocol works by pressing the "Filter Log"; if the registration of the filter is disabled, you may want to include it, if the problem repeats it again.

Verify that the received messages have the correct date of departure. When you sort messages in Thunderbird "by date", they are sorted by date, year and time specified by the sender, despite the fact that they are often incorrectly installed. This can make the message received today "hidden" in the list somewhere among the old ones. Unfortunately, Thuderbird still can not display the date (and time) the actual receipt of the message (even though this information is in the header of each message). A temporary solution is to display messages in the order of receipt ( "View - Sort - by order of receipt). However, please note that Thunderbird changes, the serial number of receipt, every time you manually move a message to another folder, as a result, if you change your mind and put it back into the Inbox message a month ago, it will be listed as the most message.

Look, perhaps your antivirus software is put in quarantine or delete the folder "Inbox". Antivirus software can be configured to do this automatically when it is infected (infected) message. If the mail folders have disappeared because you have removed your email account, clicking on "Delete Account", please read Recovering deleted account.

Just make sure that your computer has the correct date. Sometimes the message is, but due to incorrect system date, they appear in the mail in the wrong order. There is also the possibility that there is the gap of communication, the Thunderbird will be permanently delete messages in accordance with predefined settings.

smile Re: Emails in thunderbird disappeared

I also had this problem. Solution: go to Tools>Account Setting, click your email account (for example Gmail-XX) then click "Server Settings" for this email account.
    On the bottom you will see "Local Directory", click on "Browse", you will see several folders from which you can choose the correct one {in my case the
    correct one was "pop.gmail.com"}. Choose it, click OK. Then click Ok to go out of "Account Settings". Then CLOSE Thunderbird and restart it. Now your messages should appear properly in the right place.
    *If it doesn't, you will need to go through the same procedure above by choosing a different folder {e.g. Server Settings>Local Directory>Browse
    choose folder}. After choosing the folder make sure you Close Thunderbird and restart, so that the change take effect. After couple of trials you should be able to get the right folder where your emails are being stored.
    Good Luck!
    PS All the email folders are stored in the "Thunderbird" folder in directory Data/Profile/Mail To know which email folder is the one you need, you can simply check the dates of the files within this folder. The one contains the latest dates is the one you need. Once you know which one it is, follow the procedure above to let Thunderbird program know where to find it.