Thread: ThunderBird mozmapi32.dll error while installing

ThunderBird mozmapi32.dll error while installing

Hi,

Previously my ThunderBird was working fine on window 7. I got the message to update ThunderBird and I did it. I tried to install the new version ThunderBird I got mozmapi32.dll error while installing, The message is, Error opening file for writing:C:\Program Files/Mozilla Thunderbird/mozmapi32.dll. Click Retry to try again or cancel the shutdown of the facility.Now only use thunderbird for my e-mail things. What now?

Re: ThunderBird mozmapi32.dll error while installing

It appears you have not tried simply restarting your computer. That probably would solve the problem, but might have to uninstall and reinstall again. Ensure to close all Windows Explorer windows, as its integration with the shell (which allows you to do right-click a file and show you "Send To -> Mail Recipient" from the menu pop) may be responsible mozmapi32.dll the file is locked.

On Windows, it seems rather common to find problems to make Thunderbird security updates in the file appears as a symptom mozmapi32.dll. Try to change the settings to default mail client than Thunderbird. That will not act as a MAPI client. Then upgrade it, and once the update completes, reconfigure it as default client.

The mozmapi32.dll file (and the like, as mapiproxy.dll) implement Windows MAPI functionality in Thunderbird, letting you essentially act as default mail manager and channel the requests of the operating system to send messages (for example, type shortcuts mailto :...). That makes these DLLs are loaded continuously and therefore their respective files write-locked or deleted.

Some webcams use software that, in some strange way, interfere with Thunderbird. In particular, the file QuickCam10.exe seems to be guilty. Stop that software (for its icon in the system tray, or Stop him through the Windows Task Manager, Processes tab) before starting the upgrade of Thunderbird. Or else try in Safe mode will allow us to start the program using the default preferences or disabling some extensions and themes that may be causing problems. In this way, you can compare the behavior in safe mode to normal mode and identify problems.

Sometimes it may be that some ghost of Thunderbird process left running without any window on his desk, and lock the file mozmapi32.dll. Again, close Thunderbird and then use the task manager to look at the Processes tab Thunderbid.exe one with the name or similar, select it and click the End Process button.

Uninstalling Thunderbird, restart Windows, check if the file remains in the folder mozmapi32.dll Program Files \ Mozilla Thunderbird (and if it is, delete), and install the new version of Thunderbird. If all else fails, install Thunderbird in a folder other than the default. To do this, choose Custom Setup, which enables you to change the installation directory.