Thread: Mozilla firefox updates everytime the browser is restarted

Mozilla firefox updates everytime the browser is restarted

Hello there, I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. The computer is connected to the Internet connection. I have been using Mozilla firefox as the default browser on my computer and have never faced such a problem. Now the Mozilla firefox updated everytime the browser is restarted. This happens every time when I close the browser and then start it again. I cant figure why firefox is not able to save the updated files. Is it due to some virus? Please share some information about the issue. Any suggestions are welcome.

Re: Mozilla firefox updates everytime the browser is restarted

I think the installation of Mozilla firefox on your system has got corrupt and hence it is not able to save the updated files. If the files associated to the browser get corrupted due to some reason then the browser will not work properly. You will either have to find and replace the files which are corrupt manually or you will have to reinstall the browser again. Before reinstalling the browser, uninstall the current version of the browser from the system and remove all the files and keys related to the application from the computer. Once all the traces of the applications are removed, reinstall the application.

Try creating a new profile in the browser and then check if the browser is getting updated properly or not. It is possible that the user profile which you are using in the browser has got corrupt and hence you are not able to update the browser. The profile can get corrupt due to many reasons. One of the reason being changes in the preferences of the browser. Creating a new profile will reset all the preferences of the browser to default. So if there was any setting which was not letting the browser to update will be restored to default.

You can disable the auto update feature of the Mozilla and then check if you are able to use the browser without any problems or not. Sometime the update file of the firefox is not able to store the current version of the firefox and hence will continuously ask the user to update the browser. You can disable the auto update feature to prevent it from happening. To disable the auto update feature, open the Firefox and then go to Tools. In tools select option and go to Advanced tab. Now go to update tab and remove the check mark from "Check for update" and select "Ask me what to do". Now apply the settings and restart the browser. Now it will not update everytime you restart the browser.

Sometimes the problems which are faced by lot of mozilla users is due to the corrupted add-ons and 3rd party applications which get installed on Mozilla. Try disabling all the applications and the add-ons on the firefox and then try to use the browser. To disable all the add-ons and the applications on the browser, you will need to start the browser in the safe mode. In safe mode only the basic features of the browser are loaded and all the applications and add-ons are disabled. To start the browser in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode". If the browser works fine in safe mode, then find and remove the application which is creating problems.

There is high possibility that the computer which you are using is infected by some virus which is creating problems while browsing. Virus's tend to corrupt the files of the applications which are used frequently. Hence scan the computer with an updated antivirus and check for the infected files. Repair or quarantine the infected files and check if the browser works properly or not. If the infected files are more then you will have to reinstall the browser. You can also use some other browser to perform a free online virus scan on the computer which is provided by many of the antivirus companies.