Thread: Deleting account name from gmail login menu

Deleting account name from gmail login menu

Can you please tell me the way to delete the account name from the drop down menu which is present at gmails login page from where you enter the username and the password. I have a few gmail accounts but i use only one of them and now they're all listed on the drop down box in the login menu. So please help me to solve this problem

Re: Deleting account name from gmail login menu

It is not much clear from the query what actually you want to achieve try to explain your query in some more details it is not clear from your post if you want to delete the account, or delete the account data from the web browser. or you want to delete the gmail account permanently from google.

You are not clear enough in your threads you have not specified clearly what you actually want to achieve. It appears as that you want to delete your google mail account permanently since you have a lot of account with the same login or username with different post fix numbers if this is what you want then click the link below:
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...en&answer=8152

First of all i would like to thanks you all. Let me make it clear that i do not want to delete any of my google account what i want is whenever try to login and as i try to enter my username since all the user name are same the drop down menu opens and asks to select one and i have to select it precisely . So i want to delete the usernames from the dropdown that's it.

To delete the user names which you do not want simply follow the steps which i have listed below :
    * Open the browser
    * Select tools and there you will find an option clear history click it.
    * This will open a small window select on the drop down clear everything.
    Now login only with the username you want your problem will be fixed.

This is a quiet simple problem the whole thing would require approximately ten seconds. Simply open the browser and open the gmail login page type one of your username this will open the dropdown menu with all usernames simply move your mouse over the names which you don't want and press the delete button.

I have tried the delete button once I highlighted the user names I don't want on my drop down menu. They are other peoples accounts but I don't want them showing as a remember me sign in user. I have tried deleting history, cookies, all of it. It doesn't work. Can you please help me get rid of the user names on my gmail log in? Thanks

Well, normally it gets deleted if you highlight your username and hit DELETE button. Anyways, now the same again but hit Shift + Del. See if it works. Also make sure you haven't made it Remember. BTW, which browser you using and which version ??