Thread: Utorrent Error : The device is not ready

Utorrent Error : The device is not ready

Hey everyone,

I have a windows xp pc. My problem is with μtorrent it gives me error message, The device not ready (meaning external HDD). I rebooted, disconnected and reconnected (the same port and another USB port) DDE is still not ready! In my preferences there is always the right path for downloaded files. I am Norton Antivirus. According to research on the net or I think the problem is with router, what to do to solve this problem.

Re: Utorrent Error : The device is not ready

The Error : The device is not ready is because that you left something in the drive and are looking to install the installer disc in E (which is probably a DVD drive). Find out what is and finish installing. Look also at Home (open it with msconfig) to see if you see this task.

No there is no drive in cd rom. I use μtorrent some time. But after a recent format, I reinstalled version 1.6, and there is no way to find this damn green icon. I have configured my firewall (zonealarm) to open the proper port, I have tried others, I tried without firewall, that of XP has never been activated, I have a adsl modem plugged into usb. Well, hope to have been complete in my explanation, I thank you in advance for your any suggestions.

what port you use? Check whether no other software uses the same port. Or maybe internet service provider has filtered so. Have you have tried several tracker (public / private), multiple torrents? Check that your modem does not act as a router. I think something is blocking your ports.

When you follow the path to reach the file, you do not see the file? Enable viewing of hidden files in tools / options windows explorer. And trying to use the software "Unlocker" to see what processes using this file. You are of course not run 2 times μTorrent. To do this, press ctrl + alt + del, processes tab, look if you have two files named utorrent.exe.

Make sure that you define the location of the external drive into your preferences, on the download tab. The thing is, in my case, insisted on the old location, even after doing this and start the torrent again. So, simply click your right and go to advanced and set the download location. To set the location manually and the strength to start anew. It should work this time. You can do a lot of torrents at the same time. Hope that helps.