Thread: Thunderbird Error Message : Sending of message failed

Thunderbird Error Message : Sending of message failed

Hi,

After upgrading my Mozilla Thunderbird, I started receiving the error message, Sending of message failed. There was an error attaching. Please check if you have access to this file. I am using Microsoft Windows XP SP3. I have tried deleting inbox.msf, even renaming inbox, but nothing worked.

Re: Thunderbird Error Message : Sending of message failed. There was an error attaching

You can try clearing your Firefox browser anything matching Comcast ( try Removing cookies) And your Firefox cache (Ctrl + Shift + Del and select to be cleared) to see if that helps. You can also try launching Firefox's Safe Mode to see if the problem occurs there.

Re: Thunderbird Error Message : Sending of message failed. There was an error attaching

This is the bug in Thunderbird previous version, to solve your problem, try the following steps :

1.Go to the templates folder in Thunderbird, right click your selected template and choose "Edit as new template"

2.Go to email of new compounds and select File -> Save as draft -> (You may want to update the first item so you can easily find later).

3. Off this new compound of e-mail by File -> Close

4. Now find the new e-mail in the drafts folder and open it to continue composing your e-mail and saved as often as you want.

Let's see how to solve this problems. Restart the browser in Safe Mode. In Windows, start using the shortcut "Safe Mode" created in your Start menu or by running firefox.exe -safe-mode On Linux, start ./firefox -safe-mode. When started in Safe Mode all extensions are disabled and use the default theme. Disable the Extension / Theme that is causing trouble and then start normally.

If you uninstall an extension that is installed on your user profile and then wish to install for all user profiles using the-install-global-extension in the command line, you must restart the browser once to cleanse the data sources profile extensions of traces of that extension before installing with the switch. If you do this can end up with an erroneous entry in the list of extensions and you can not install the extension globally.

Sometimes it happens that incompatible extensions can cause problems with your browser, If you encounter strange problems relating to parts of the browser stop working. I recommend that you try creating a new profile. Create a new profile by running Firefox with the -P in the command line, choose the "Manage Profiles" and then choose "Create Profile ...". Migrate your settings files (Bookmarks, Saved Passwords, etc.) One by one, checking each time if the problems exists.

ThumbsUp Re: Thunderbird Error Message : Sending of message failed

Let's see how to solve this problems. Restart the thunderbird in Safe Mode. In Windows, start using the shortcut "Safe Mode" created in your Start menu or by running thunderbird.exe -safe-mode On Linux, start ./thunderbird -safe-mode. When started in Safe Mode all extensions are disabled and use the default theme. Disable the Extension / Theme that is causing trouble and then start normally.

Re: Thunderbird Error Message : Sending of message failed

I am using a Mac and I am getting the same error message.

Just started today.

Upgraded a while ago.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by faizelb View Post
    I am using a Mac and I am getting the same error message.

Just started today.

Upgraded a while ago.

Any thoughts?
    Can you go to Tools / accounts / outgoing server/edit box & then uncheck ']username & password' and see if that sorts out the problem in your mac operating system.

That did not solve issue.

Was not checked.

I cannot send anything now.

"attachement issue'".

I can receive.

I don't know why the solution is not working fro you, the same solutions had helped a no of other having the same issue, anyways if you want then you can try out creating a new account, in order to do so just press add count inTools -> Account Settings and make sure that you are configuring them as below:
    Type: POP
    Server Name: pop3.live.com
    User Name: Your FULL email address
    Port: 995 (this should be automatically set when you select SSL)
    Use secure connection: SSL
    Use secure authentication: leave unchecked
    when you are done with the same then go under Outgoing server (SMTP): and select Default. just try it out and let me know if you have any further issues.