Thread: Cannot Log into website using Mozilla firefox

Cannot Log into website using Mozilla firefox

I have a home network configured which has two computers which are running on Windows XP. Both the computers share the same internet connection through a Dlink router. I use Mozilla Firefox as the default browser to access Internet. From past few days I am facing a very weird problem with Mozilla. The home page of Website loads fine but whenever I try to log in to the site, the browser displays "Connection Timed out". I cannot figure out why I Cannot Log into website using Mozilla firefox.. Can it be due to Virus? Please help.

Re: Cannot Log into website using Mozilla firefox

First check the configuration of your network. It is possible that the computer from which you are trying to access the Internet is not getting any bandwidth and hence it is displaying Connection timed out page. Try and browse different websites on the computer and check the Internet connectivity. Visit the Websites like Speedtest and Pingtest and perform all the online tests on the link. After completion of tests, the websites will give a grade to the Internet connectivity. Also check the packets sent and received while the test is performed. If the data loss rate is high then contact the ISP and get the fault rectified.

It is possible that the computer which you are using is infected by some kind of virus which is not allowing you to log into the website. Virus's create problems if they infect the applications which are used by the user frequently. Hence to solve the problem, Scan the system with an updated antivirus and then check for the infected files. Repair or quarantine the infected files and then see if you are able to log into the websites or not. If the number of infected files is more then uninstall the browser and then install it again. You can also perform free online virus scan which is provided by lot of antivirus solutions provider companies.

Is there any security software installed on the computer? Security software's like Firewall and Antivirus have real time shield on. This shield protects the computer from virus attacks. The basic tendency of all the security software's is to block any unknown traffic originating or coming to the computer. Some times it happens that the security software blocks the traffic desired by the user when such a situation occurs, the connection timed out page is displayed. To solve such problems, disable the firewall and the real time shield of the Antivirus and then see if you are able to log into the website or not.

Many of the addons and the 3rd party applications which are installed on the browser create problems while visiting certain website. So if there such addons and 3rd party applications installed on the firefox, try removing them and then check if the website which you desire to visit opens or not. Uninstalling all the addons and the 3rd party applications will solve the problem.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Firefox has a built in diagnostic mode known as Safe mode. In safe mode only the basic requirements of the browser are loaded without loading any application or any add ons on the browser. To open the firefox in safe mode, type "firefox.exe/safemode" in run tab or from program files select Safe mode Mozilla firefox. If the browser works properly in safe mode, then find and remove the application or the addon which is creating the problems in firefox. Meanwhile try using some other browser and see if you are able to visit the websites you want.