Thread: Mozilla Firefox loading other related Websites

Mozilla Firefox loading other related Websites

Hello there, I have a Sony laptop which is running on Windows XP operating system. The laptop is connected to a broadband connection. I use Mozilla Firefox as the default browser to surf the Internet. It was working fine but suddenly now whenever I try to open a website, Firefox opens all the related websites in tabs. Like if I want to visit ESPN website, then all gaming related websites start opening in Tabs. This is very annoying as I have to close all the tabs and also the Website which I want to visit opens slowly due to many websites accessed together. I cant figure what is causing this problem and hence need your help in solving this issue. Therefore if anybody else is facing with Mozilla Firefox loading other related Websites, Then please share some information. Is this because of some virus?

Re: Mozilla Firefox loading other related Websites

I think the Mozilla firefox which is installed on your computer has got corrupted and it is creating such problems. The applications which are used for Internet access tend to get corrupted easily. If any of the files which are related to such an application gets corrupt then the user will not be able to use the application properly. Remove the current installed version of Mozilla firefox and remove all the files and keys related to it from the computer. Once all the files and keys are removed, download latest version of the browser and then install it again on the computer. After reinstalling the browser you will not face same problems with it.

All the Websites track the moment of the users on the Website. To monitor the moment of the user on the Website, websites set cookies on the computer from which the Website is accessed. These cookies track the moment of the user and then report it to the main servers. By monitoring the moment of the user the Websites displays searches which are more relevant to your preferences. This is the reason why mozilla firefox is displaying all kinds websites relevant to the website which you are visiting. The cookies are saved in the browser and hence can be removed. To remove the cookies from the browser, open the browser and click on Tools. Now Select Options and then click on Clear cookies button. Once all the cookies are cleared firefox will stop loading the relevant websites.

Your system is probably infected with some virus which is creating problems while surfing the Internet. Virus's are malicious programs which get downloaded while visiting some website or while downloading any data. The tendency of the virus's is to get linked with the applications which are used frequently by the user. If any Virus gets linked with such an application then the application does not work properly and creates problems like the one you are facing. Scan your system with an updated antivirus and then check the infected files. Repair or quarantine the infected files and then see if the browser works properly or not.

By looking at the problem it seems like a browser hijack. In browser hijack, the preferences of the browser are changed to visit some random websites when a particular website is desired to visit. To be sure if it is a browser hijack, download and install some other Internet browser and then see if the related websites open when a desired website is entered in the address bar. If the other browser works fine then open Mozilla firefox and then Open the browser option. In the options change the settings as you require and then try to visit the website you want. Uninstalling and then reinstalling the browser will work if it is a case of browser hijack.