Thread: Mozilla firefox takes long time to open Webpages

Mozilla firefox takes long time to open Webpages

Hello friends, I have a Sony Vaio laptop which is installed with Windows XP Service Pack 3 on it. I access Internet on the Laptop using Wifi. I have installed latest version of Mozilla firefox on my computer and I am not really happy with its performance. Mozilla firefox takes long time to open Webpages. As I am not so good at computers I am not able to find out the reason why this is happening. Therefore if somebody has an answer for this query, you are more than welcome.

Re: Mozilla firefox takes long time to open Webpages

The problem is with the operating system which you are using. Windows XP service pack 3 has many problems and bugs in it. It is the most unstable version of Windows operating system which is launched. Many applications and devices do not work properly when installed in Windows XP service pack 3. It is due to incompatibility of the devices and application in Windows XP service Pack 3. I would suggest you to remove the Windows installation which you are currently using and then install Windows XP service pack 2 on the computer which is more stable than the current version of the operating system which you are using.

The latest version of the Firefox which has been released has many problems with it. The main problem with the browser is it takes lot of time to start and to load the webpages of the requested Websites. Uninstall the current installed version of Firefox and remove all the files and the keys related to the application. To remove all the keys related to the Firefox, you will have to edit the Windows registry by using Regedit. Once all the files and the keys related to the application are removed, download a stable version of the Firefox and then install it on the laptop.

Are there any security software's running on the computer? Many of the security software's such as firewall and antivirus block the incoming traffic from the Internet. If the traffic is blocked by such applications, then browser obviously will take more time to load the webpages. If such applications are running then disable them or move the process of the browser in well known applications list so that the firewall or the antivirus will not block any traffic originating or coming to the browser. Disabling the firewall or disabling the real time shield of the Antivirus will solve the problem.

Have you tried using different browsers for surfing the Internet? There are many Internet browser available online which can be used to surf the Internet. Google Chrome and Safari are some browsers which can be used instead of Firefox. Both these browsers have more or less same features like Mozilla Firefox hence can be used instead of Firefox. If other browsers work properly then there is some problem with the installation of Mozilla firefox. If other browsers work properly then there is something wrong with the Internet connection which you are using.

If there are any applications or themes which are installed in Mozilla firefox, then the performance of the browser degrades. This is due to extra time which is required to process the applications and the themes in the firefox. Either disable all the applications and themes of the Firefox and then check the performance of the browser. You can use the safe mode of firefox to be sure that the problem is due the installed applications or theme. If the browser works fine in safe mode, then remove the installed application and themes. You can also create a new profile in Firefox and see if the browser works properly or not.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain