Thread: Mozilla firefox crashes when Web cam is used

Mozilla firefox crashes when Web cam is used

Hello, I am facing a strange problem in Mozilla firefox. I have a desktop computer which is running on Windows XP. The desktop computer has an Internet connection attached to it. I use Mozilla firefox as the default browser on my Computer. Recently When I try to Web cam for Video chatting, the Mozilla firefox crashes. This happens everytime web cam is initiated. I cant figure out what the problem is and hence want to know Why Mozilla firfox crashes when Webcam is used. If anybody is facing similar problems with Mozilla firefox then please share some information which may help me in solving the issue.

Re: Mozilla firefox crashes when Web cam is used

The installation of the Mozilla firefox which is installed on the computer is corrupted and is the cause for all the problems which you are facing. The files of the browser get corrupt due to many reasons. The only solution to your problem is to uninstall the current installation of the browser and remove all the files and keys related to the browser. Once all the files and keys related to the browser are removed, reinstall the browser and then see if the browser crashes when the webcam is used.

Try using some other browser and see if the webcam works while using for video chatting. It is possible that the version of the browser which you are using must not be supporting Video chat and hence will be crashing. Either try to update the current installed browser or download the latest version of the browser from Internet and then install it. Mostly upgrading the current installation of the browser should solve the problem. Meanwhile try using some other browsers like Google Chrome or Safari and see if the Video chat feature works properly.

Check if the Drivers for the Webcam are installed properly. If the drivers of the device associated to it are not installed properly then the device will not work properly and will create problems when being used. Hence before doing any troubleshooting check if the Drivers of the Webcam are installed properly. To check the installed drivers, go to device manager and then check for Imaging devices. Now click and select the Webcam which is installed and right click and select properties. Check the status of the device and the driver. If the status of the device and the drivers are not proper then uninstall and then install the device and the drivers again. Hope this works for you.

The installed addons and the application of the browser can also create problems in the browser. The addons installed on the browser must be conflicting when the Webcam is initiated which is causing the browser to crash. To be sure the open the browser in safe mode. Safe mode is diagnostic mode of Firefox. To start the browser in safe mode, click on start menu, select program files, select Mozilla firefox and then select Mozilla Firefox Safemode or you can type firefox.exe/safemode in run tab. In safe mode all the applications and the add ons are disabled. If the browser works properly in safe mode, then find the application which is causing the problem and remove it.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain