Thread: What is Download Statusbar extension in Firefox?

What is Download Statusbar extension in Firefox?

Hey i have just installed the Mozilla Firefox in my personal computer with the internet connection so that i can download and surf on the Internet. And when surfing i have come to know about the add on of the Firefox i.e. Download Statusbar so that increases my curiosity to know about the same so tell me What is Download Statusbar extension in Firefox? and also tell me what do you mean by the add on?. Thank you

Re: What is Download Statusbar extension in Firefox?

Download status bar is an extension of the Mozilla Firefox that manages the download of yours on the Status bar and not on the separate window. This gives the detail of the download on the status bar and occupy the less space on the same so that it will interfere in the status bar working. This add on gives the complete access of the download. You can pause the download and start the download any time when you wish to from the this extension. This will be helping to see the every thing on the browser and not on the diferent window. Thanks

View and manage downloads from a tidy statusbar - without the download window getting in the way of your web browsing. Despite its compact size, Download Statusbar packs in more useful features than the standard download window. The fully customizable interface auto-hides when not in use, allowing full control without interruption. To know more about the feature of the same you can visit Mozilla site's extension page

To download the Download statusbar extension of the Firefox you have to check the steps that is being specified to work with the same given below.
    • Start the Browser
    • From the MenuBar go to the Tools Menu
    • And then to the Add on Menu item
    • After that click on the Browsed all add on
    • Now on the Extension page type Download Statusbar
    • This will display the list of same, Click on the Add to Firefox
    • Now click on the Install after the counting stops
    • Restart the Browser. And its done now you can use it.

Thanks for the help that you have given me with the query of mine and also the quick reply is also appreciated. Now i can make the download and manage the them from the same browser window and don't have to open the new window for the management of the Download. But i need more add ons that is being helpful for me with the Firefox

There are lots of add on the Mozilla extension page that will help you with the recommendation of the browser so visit the same. You can also check the thread made on this forum regarding the best add on of the Firefox that will give give you the best add on for your browser with the detail for that check the link given below. Add ons are nothing but the support for the application that are not made by the browser but can run on the browser with the help of the same.
    Best Extensions and Plugins for FireFox 3