Thread: You have been logged off chat

You have been logged off chat

I'm keep getting the following error with yahoo again again:

You have been disconnected from chat because you have signed into yahoo! messenger from another computer or device
    You have been disconnected mode messenger because you have logged on yahoo another computer? But i'm not logged in any other computer, whats the reason for this error then?

Re: You have been logged off chat

You cannot be signed into two yahoo chat locations messenger with the same Yahoo! ID at the same time. There are several locations that are capable of accessing the Yahoo instant messaging feature. Yahoo Messenger itself, plus Yahoo Web Messenger, Yahoo Classic Mail, Yahoo all new mail, My Yahoo, your Mobile phone, plus any other computer.etc

Yahoo classifies all these programs as different "places or devices" and does not currently allow you to have 2 open and active at the same time. If you have an open, and then switch to another, it will close and you get a message telling you that you have been disconnected from the chat. You CAN have mail opened with another of these programs as long as your status is set to "Cat, I'm off-line" in Classic Mail using the drop box . If the above does not apply and you suspect that your account is used by an attacker.

Check if some other computer is logged on with your user id and password. If not then close all you programs and change your password by manually visiting your email account as soon as possible. Yahoo allows you to login to only one instance of your user id and password. As soon as open and try to log on to another machine, it will log you out.

Restart you messenger and browser, and change your password soon. This may be because your account has been access form some other place also. Be active and change your password from yahoo my account panel.