Thread: How to backup password in Mozilla Firefox?

How to backup password in Mozilla Firefox?

I am the user of the Mozilla Firefox and suddenly i have click with the one thing that what happen i f i lost my password from the Firefox. So from that time i have decided to take the backup of the password of the Firefox but i don't know how to do that so i came here to ask the same. So if any one have the knowledge about the How to backup password in Mozilla Firefox? can step forward and help me with the same. Thanks in advance

Re: How to backup password in Mozilla Firefox?

This is very easy with the help of the extension of the Firefox that has been made for the use of taking the back up of the password with the profile. Also you can import and export the password of the Firefox with the encryption that you have to set. After the installation of the same you will find it on the extension and click on the option to make the setting of it. You can export in either XML or CSV format. But when you are exporting the password then be careful with it. Thats it!!!!!

This extension allows you to export your saved passwords and disabled login hosts using XML or CSV files that can be imported in another browser or computer. Supports Firefox 2, Firefox 3, Thunderbird, and several other apps. The "encryption" is mainly to prevent casual users from stumbling upon your passwords. It will in no way stop someone who actually wants to see them, as they could just import your file anyway. Better encryption will be added in the future.

To download the Password Exporter that will back up your password form the browser you have to check the step that has been given below to work with the same this would be help you to download and install the Password Exporter
    • Start the Browser
    • From the MenuBar go to the Tools Menu
    • And then to the Add on Menu item
    • Type Password Exporter on the search
    • This will display the list of same, Click on the Add to Firefox
    • Click on the Install
    • Restart the Browser.
    • Thats done.

With the help of the "Password Exporter" you can take the back up as well as you can restore them back to the Firefox. This extension have also feature that will take the backup of the profile also so that you can store that to. On the Add-on screen you will find this add on after the installation and also can manage the export and import of the password from the option of the same. So use it then only you can know about the feature of the same. Bye

There is a tool that will work for the recovery of the password that have been created by you. So if you wish to recover the password from the Mozilla Firefox then you can use the "Mozilla Password Recovery" tool which is made to work with the Firefox only. This tool retrieve the password of the Firefox, Thunderbird easily. To know more about it and to download the same click on the link given below.
    Mozilla Password Recovery