Thread: Cloud based/On demand ERP

AshishERP Guest

Cloud based/On demand ERP

Greetings everyone,

I'm an ERP fan and enthusiast and I have recently become acquainted with the phenomenon knows as on demand ERP or in other words, cloud/web based ERP models. Come to think of it, the idea is cost effective and much more lean than conventional ERP modules and esp ideal for SMEs. Still there are bound to be some disadvantages and drawbacks in comparison.

Would like to know your thoughts, experiences, recommendations and which players in the industry do you think are ahead on this?

Discuss here.

Re: Cloud based/On demand ERP

I believe that if ERP is to survive and grow in the Indian markets, must be adopted by smaller companies. With SaaS or cloud computing, the journey is much shorter and sweeter. I foresee smaller companies with 100 crores also start going for ERP or some niche products and solutions for demand planning and procurement solution, if offered a SaaS solution in capital spending is not there and all they have to do is give a monthly rent of services. Their data is still secure and available to them all the time.

AshishERP Guest

Re: Cloud based/On demand ERP

^ Right on Leight. I share similar thoughts.. Glad you brought up the SaaS terminology.. Its very relevant and I missed it in my initial post.

Obviously, the scope and benefits of a SaaS based ERP model are many, esp for SME. My other thought is that which providers in the Indian market do you see as potential path breakers who can evolve this model and take it to the next level?