Thread: Configuring Xooloo parental control Software

Configuring Xooloo parental control Software

Hi, i am a Windows Xp user and to protect my kids from restricted websites while surfing, one of my friend has suggested me to use Xooloo that is one of the parental control application. Actually, i don't know any thing about this application and hence need help from you all guys regarding installation and configuration of this software. Could you guys please provide some important information about Xooloo and give its download link ? Also please let me know how to configure Xooloo parental control ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Configuring Xooloo parental control Software

Xooloo Parental Control has come first in every official benchmark test carried out by the Ministry of Family and it allows your children to surf safely. After its installation, you will be able to choose between two pre-configured modes of protection: a "Child" mode or a "Teenager" mode. A "Parent" mode is also available to surf without any protection. Anyways, here the installation process of Xooloo:-

1. Just double click the setup file, same as we do with all setup files to install
    2. Choose language
    3. Accept the terms of the license agreement
    4. And follow the onscreen options.

The workspace appears as follows:
    1. Filter settings
    2. License Management
    3. Schedule management
    4. Manage personal lists
    5. Activity Report
    6. Advanced Administration

Xooloo Parental Control, provides three filtering profiles adjustable in one click:

• The Teenager mode: Teenagers have access to the entire Internet except for web sites identified as unsuitable by the analysis engine and the list of forbidden sites updated by the web analysts team. The analysis engine used by Xooloo combines complex technologies such as artificial intelligence, multilingual semantic analysis, classification and even image analysis.

• The Child mode: Children can surf safely over a selection of thousands of Internet web sites which contents are analysed and verified beforehand by our team of web analysts. Chat rooms, forums or blogs are explicitly excluded.

• Finally, a Parent mode allows to surf without any filter.

Choose between two pre-configured modes: Mode Adolescent or Child mode. A Parent mode allows you to browse without any filtering. Change your filter settings through the administration interface Xooloo. To activate the program, simply visit the web administration interface menu Filtering / protection mode.

Xooloo Parental Control also provides a search engine for children allowing them to surf over web sites which have been analysed and checked beforehand by Xooloo's team of web analysts. Nonetheless, it is necessary that you accompany your child in his/her discovery of the virtual world and pay very close attention to those who communicate with your child over the Internet. In case you need to install the software on several workstations, than just go through these steps:-

• Log on with administrator positions
    • Enter the address of our proxy Xooloo on each item by following some instructions.
    • Connect to the Internet
    • Click on Internet Options
    • Click the Connections tab
    • Click LAN Settings
    • Then enter the address and port number of our Proxy Xooloo.
    • Click OK.

In Xooloo if you have created several user accounts on Windows or Mac OS, you can define a filtering profile for each user account. As a result, each member of the family can use the Internet with its own filtering mode. It has some minimum system requirements that is as follows:-
    • Windows XP / Vista all versions
    • 600 MHz Intel Pentium III Processor or higher
    • 256 MB RAM, 9 MB available hard disk space
    • JVM Java 1.5 or newer