Thread: Need Good Wireless network for Sony PSP

Need Good Wireless network for Sony PSP

Just few days back i had bought a new Sony 3004 PSP. I'm looking for good Wireless network for my new Sony PSP. I'm basically looking to use it with skype for international calls. So, can any one provide me some good Wireless network for my new Sony PSP? Basically a good service provider. Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above topic. Thanks.

Re: Need Good Wireless network for Sony PSP

Wireless networking might seem like a black art to rival witchcraft but in reality it's a very simple issue. A wireless network only exists within 50-100 feet of the Wireless Access point/Wireless Router. If you have a wireless router such as a Linksys WRT54G or a Belkin with a couple of aerials sticking out then chances are you have a wireless network. If your thinking "Wireless what now"
    then you proxy don't have a wireless network.

Your PSP will detect any wireless wireless network within its range as long as the wireless adapter is switched on. In your PSP's network/wireless settings, you should have an option to either "Scan the network for wireless APs" or "Enter information about AP". The switch for this is on the left end of the PSP, near the analogue thumbstick. A wireless access point or router that supports the 802.11b standard. Linksys, buffalo and Belkin all make excellent ones for the home.

There needs to be a Wireless Access Point(AP) in your vicinity to which you can connect. I have is a Linksys WRT54G router that plugs into that silver NTL modem then all my PC's connect to the Linksys via cable and the laptops and PSP connect via wireless, total home network.

When you turn on your PSP's wireless adapter it'll look for any wireless networks nearby. If you have a desktop computer that is plugged directly via Ethernet cable into your broadband modem, and no other computers are in need of a wireless solution. If there's another PSP within range it'll automatically set up what's called an 'ad-hoc' network between the two.

The Wireless networks usually have something called a SSID(i.e, name of the Wireless network) and a password. BELKIN G wireless router( it has only Ethernet ports). However some routers such as those provided by BT are already WEP enabled and you can find the WEP key (password) in the documentation or underneath.It's only if you have these that you can connect to an AP. And it's only after this that you can connected to the Internet.