Thread: How to report suspect phishing mail in Yahoo

How to report suspect phishing mail in Yahoo

Hi all,

I am using yahoo mail service from 5 years. Recently i have received most of the mail that are like a add that want lottery scam and donation mail. I think it is phishing mail, i already block them but receive daily from another user that same mail. How can i report that mail to yahoo. Any advice. Please help.

Re: How to report suspect phishing mail in Yahoo

Phishing is a type of identity theft where a genuine website is cloned to take out confidential information from innocent users. Yahoo!Mail users can report a suspected phishing mail to phishing@cc.yahoo-inc.com. This will help you and ban the email id of phishing mail. This type of mail containing offer a stout salary job even while you never applied for one. You have been asked to pay some amount beforehand for whatever lame motive.

Re: How to report suspect phishing mail in Yahoo

I am also receiving the same phishing mail , My mail is in Gmail. I receive the mail consistently about message from your bank prompt me to login to our bank account or give sensitive credit card details. How can i report this mail to gmail. Thanks in advance.

Gmail have a built-in link to tale a phishing mail. There is a small arrow towards the acute right of a mail message which when clicked opens up a menu. This menu contains a 'Report Phishing' entry which can be used to alert Google and Google can ban that user. Check out that and reply

If you know of a web site that is pretend to be a company other than Yahoo for example, eBay, PayPal, or a bank or other financial institution, we persuade you to report the web site to the impersonated company frankly. You might also want to report the phishing web site to the Federal Trade Commission as well as to the Anti-Phishing Working Group . check it out.

In Outlook Express you can also open the email message and select File > Properties > Details. The email headers will appear. You can copy these as you usually copy text and take in it in a new message to phishing-report@us-cert.gov. If you cannot forward the email message, at a least, please send the URL of the phishing web site.