Thread: How to make Gmail as default application for mailto links in Google Chrome?

How to make Gmail as default application for mailto links in Google Chrome?

Hi there, i am new for the Google Chrome as i have recently installed the this on my system replacing the Mozilla Firefox that i was using before and heard about the feature of the Google Chrome and done the above. I have one question regarding the Gmail that How to make Gmail as default application for mailto links in Google Chrome?. so that i can use the option easily and make the browser run faster. Thank you

Re: How to make Gmail as default application for mailto links in Google Chrome?

"GmailDefaultClient" extension is the solution of your problem that will give you the access of the mailto link and directly open the Gmail account as for the mailing issue. During the installation of this add on you will get a dialog prompting for the installation on your own risk as you trust. Click on the OK as you know that what you are installing. I think this will be the best one to use for the mailto . So if you like then install this extension for your browser. That all i have for you right now for more let me know the same.

Hey check the method i am giving you. This will help you with mailto without downloading any plug in and extension for it. So give a try to this see that this is the one that you are looking for. I hope that this will work for you
    1. Double click on the My Computer
    2. Go to Tools and the to the Folder Options and File Types
    3. On the filetypes click on “URL:Mailto Protocol”
    4. Now click on Advanced
    5. On the open click on Edit
    6. Now enter this
      Code:
      "C:\Pathto\chrome.exe"https://mail.google.com/mail?extsrc=mailto&url=%1

As per my knowledge the problem that you are getting is with the mailto then i will let you know that Google toolbar has this option, everyone mailto link show be able to go directly into your associated Gmail account. So you don't have to look any where else for the same as discuss that you can get this with the plugin. So do the above and download the Google Toolbar. I hope that you will like this. Say thanks if you like the same. Thank you

For the use of the vista follow this which will guide you for the same

Open your registry editor
    Navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command
    Edit the command from whatever it is
    Code:
    "C:\Pathto\chrome.exe"https://mail.google.com/mail?extsrc=mailto&url=%1