Thread: Internet not working in Windows XP installed on Macbook

Internet not working in Windows XP installed on Macbook

I have a Macbook Pro which is installed with Mac OS X 10.5.8 on it. I use Wifi to access Internet on the Macbook. The Macbook is powered by Intel Core2 Duo processor and 2gb Ram. I have used the Bootcamp utility to install Windows XP on the Macbook. The problem is I am not able to access Internet on Macbook while running Windows XP. The Macbook connects to the wireless router without any problems in Mac OS but the Macbook does not connect while using Windows XP. If anybody is facing the same Problems while using Internet in Windows Xp on Macbook then please share some information.

Re: Internet not working in Windows XP installed on Macbook

Probably the router is not able to detect the Macbook when it is using the Windows operating system. It happens many times that the router is not able to see the devices when the same device is booted with different operating system. You can try to reboot the router and then see if the router detects the Macbook or not. First boot the system using Windows operating system and then power on the router. Once the router stabilizes then only start the Wifi of the Macbook and then try to connect to the router. Hope it helps.

Have you installed the drivers of the Network adapter in Windows XP? In the Windows operating system, for any device to work it requires proper drivers to be installed. Check if the drivers installed for the Network adapter are working properly under Windows XP. To check if the drivers are working properly or not, right click on My computer and select Manage. Now select Device manager from the list populated on the left side. Search and select the Network adapter from the list on the right side and check if there are caution signs are not. If there are caution signs then select troubleshoot. Once the procedure is complete then try to connect the Macbook to the router.

Try connecting the Macbook to the router using Hardwired method while using Windows XP. In hardwired method, you will require a CAT 5 cable to connect the Macbook to the router. Boot the system using Windows XP and then connect the Macbook to the router using CAT 5 cable. Now Right click on the LAN and select properties. In properties, select TCP/IP Utilities and then click on Properties button. Now if you have a Static IP then select "Use the following IP address option" and enter the IP or Select the "Assign IP automatically" option which will assign the IP automatically from the DHCP server. Apply the settings and then see if the Macbook is able to surf Internet or not.

I suspect that the Windows XP is not installed properly on the Macbook which is creating problems while using the Internet. Many of the apple users face the same problem of corrupt windows installation on the Mac system while using Bootcamp. I will suggest you to delete the partition which is created by using the Bootcamp and then format it again using MAC HD format. Then run the bootcamp again to create the partition for installing Windows operating system. Once the operating system is installed again, install proper drivers for the Network adapter and then try to connect the Macbook to the router while booting in Windows XP.

As the Macbook is able to connect to the router while using Mac operating system but is not able to connect to the router while using Windows Xp, it is clear that the Windows is corrupted with Virus. The Mac operating systems are immune to virus attacks unlike the Windows operating system which are prone to Virus attacks. Some Virus's when downloaded link themselves with the files associated to the Network resources. If such files are infected then the system will not be able to access the network devices. Scan the system with an updated antivirus while booting into Windows XP. Repair the Infected files. If repairing does not help then reinstall the Windows operating system again.