Thread: Safari gives error message : No connection to the internet

Safari gives error message : No connection to the internet

Hi,

I have mac os x 10.5 with safari as my browser. While I am browsing, at regular intervals I get the error message "no connection to the internet" although I've built up with Airport and a constant connection via DSL Arcor. The network diagnosis found a proper connection, and although nothing works. Also sometimes safari quits Safari and restarts unexpectedly.

Re: Safari gives error message : No connection to the internet

I think that W-LAN has bad reception or anything like that! Another possibility is that the connection may be slow. I would suggest to you to download a large file (say 200mb or more to download) to make sure that you are getting proper speed, so you analyze if there is any connectivity issue!

Tried to repair permissions: Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility/Select Disk/SOS/Repair Disk Permissions. Then close Safari, go back in your Preferences folder in your user Library/Preferences which is called com.Apple.Safari.plist and create a new file. You repair again permissions and you see what happens.

Make sure that you have installed all available updates software Apple. Dated Trademark details Using the software can lead to inconsistency of some site content. Update third-party plug-ins. Make sure that you have installed the latest versions of third-party plug-ins. Some third-party plug-ins can put the icon in the menu "System Preferences. If so, check whether there is in the settings panel function "Check for updates", which can be used to search for available updates.

If you use the latest versions of third-party plug-ins, but Safari still has no connection to the internet, try disabling plug-ins.
    1. Open the browser Safari.
    2. In the Safari menu, select Preferences.
    3. Click the "Security".
    4. Uncheck "Connect plug-ins.
    5. Use Safari for some time, until you're completely confident that the problem is resolve

Try creating a new administrator account settings "Accounts." Log on as a new user account and see whether the problem occurs with Safari. If the new account, no problem, therefore, the problem is related to your original account. If possible, try to connect your Mac to the Internet through another ISP. If it turns out that the problem arises only when you are connected to specific service provider.