Thread: Internet fluctuation in Snow Leopard

Internet fluctuation in Snow Leopard

Hi,
    I have laptop which is working on Snow Leopard. I am currently using a USB modem to work on Internet. The problem is now that my internet gets down in between. I have to disconnect first and then reconnect the same back again. Many times it gives a password error on the dialer. I had connected the same to a LAN network. But the sites are not opening up in that. What can be the problem behind that.

Re: Internet fluctuation in Snow Leopard

If you check Remember this password, you will need to enter your password each time you want to connect to the Internet. If you are running in single user check this box, it will be more convenient! By cons, if you use several computers, it's up to you to see if everyone has the right to connect in this configuration. If yes, check. If not, leave it unchecked.

If you want to connect directly from the Finder bar, also check the bottom checkbox: Show PPPoE status in menu bar. A new icon (logo Ethernet) appears in the toolbar of the Finder, it ' is where you connect to the Internet if you use an Ethernet modem. Click Apply. Now click on the button Advanced in the bottom right of this window. A new window with 5 tabs will appear. Do not touch anything in the tabs WIN and proxies (unless you really need, which is probably not your case).

With most providers of Internet access, it should no longer specify DNS addresses to connect to the Internet. These are retrieved automatically upon connection. So no need to enter these DNS. Sometimes, however, with certain routers or firewall that the connection does not pass. In this case (and only in this case) enter in the DNS Servers DNS of your ISP, and in the "Research Areas, enter the domain of your ISP. Use the buttons + to enter your data.

This is exactly the same as for a modem-router Ethernet, except this time we will go through Airport to create a configuration of ADSL.. There also is the modem-router that connects to the Internet (your Mac is as user modem-router), the modem router will configure it directly (by entering your IDs connection directly into the configuration interface of your modem-router). As it is a WiFi modem router, it is also necessary, for obvious reasons of security, set a WEP or WPA (it even safer) to secure your WiFi network and prevent your neighbors can connect to your ADSL network!

Regarding your Mac: Your Mac, no need to / connect to your modem-router by Ethernet cable RJ45! Everything passes by WIFI waves. For greater ease, as is the modem-router that takes care of everything, so choose the automatic configuration (so you will see you there if you created multiple configurations internet in Network The passage of one configuration to another will be automatic). By cons, it is necessary in this configuration WIFI (at least the first time, if you save the connection data in the Keychain) to go into the menu "Airport" in the bar of the Finder and select your WiFi signal (the one issued by your modem-router):