Thread: MAC Internet Dialer settings

MAC Internet Dialer settings

Hi,
    I am not able to configure my dialer in mac. The same is giving error while connecting. I need some tips for configuring the same. First I had deleted my old dialer and then created a new one. From that point I am facing this issue. The other things I want to know show to sett for an ADSL Modem with Single Ethernet This will be the other choice for me. Thanks in advance.

Re: MAC Internet Dialer settings

With most providers of Internet access, it should no longer specify DNS addresses to connect to the Internet. These are retrieved automatically upon connection. So no need to enter these DNS! Sometimes, however, with certain routers or firewall that the connection does not pass. In this case (and only in this case) enter in the DNS Servers DNS of your ISP, and in the Research Areas, enter the domain of your ISP. Use the buttons + to enter your data.

To select your connection options, I suggest you to uncheck the box including Disconnect if idle for X minutes. This will prevent you from being disconnected unexpectedly every X minutes when, after launching a long download, you had gone to kitchen to make a little juice. I suggest you check the boxes Send PPP echo packets and Compression TCP header. Click OK. You return to the initial window setup of this configuration. Click Apply to save and validate changes to this configuration

Here's how now set a configuration DSL if you have a simple Ethernet modem (no router). If you invest in a modem, I will recommend you to opt immediately for a modem-router (Ethernet or WiFi), as this is much more pleasant to use (no need to connect the Mac after startup is automatic) plus you can not only connect multiple Odinic Internet, but you can even place all your Macs networked via Hello

If you are not thinking to opt for a simple Ethernet modem if you ever decide to surf broadband through ADSL, know that Mac OS X includes a PPPoE client and performance you need so you create a configuration error. By cons avoid purchasing a USB modem. Choose an Ethernet. OS X is designed to connect via ethernet PPPoE client, why opt for a USB modem? If you've got a USB modem from your ISP, I urge you to quickly exchange cons ethernet modem. If you've bought a USB modem a few years ago, I urge you to get rid of it and invest in an ethernet modem or better yet a modem-router! modem.

First create a PPPoE service by clicking the + located just below the left column, then (in the window that opens) by choosing PPPoE menu interface, Ethernet menu Ethernet and naming the service as you want (for example PPPoE). The service PPPoE is now displayed in the left column. Click this service to select it, because that's what service will use to connect to the Internet. In that enter the name of your ISP in the box "PPPoE Server" - Orange, for example (optional). Then enter your Login (identifier) in the Account Name and enter your password in the box just below.