Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-01-2010

Online shopping websites not working in Mozilla firefox

I have a Desktop computer which is running on Windows XP service pack 3 operating system. I use Mozilla firefox as the default browser of the system to surf the Internet. Recently I am facing very strange problems with Mozilla firefox. Whenever I try to Shop online, the Online shopping websites do not work properly in Mozilla firefox. After selecting the product which I want to buy, I click on the mode of payment, Here the website prompts me that I have to be logged into website to be able to do the transaction. Infact the products can only be selected when the User actually logs into the website. I cant figure out what is the reason behind the problem and hence require your help to solve it. Is this because of some virus? Please help.
Old 20-01-2010

Re: Online shopping websites not working in Mozilla firefox

Try using some other browser instead of Mozilla firefox and then see if you are able to use the online shopping websites properly. It is possible the installation of the Mozilla firefox on your system has got corrupt and hence you are not able to perform payment activities using Mozilla firefox. You will be able to use other browser for shopping without any problems as only the Mozilla firefox installation is corrupt on your system. Uninstall the Mozilla firefox and then remove all the keys and files which are related to Mozilla firefox and then reinstall and check if the browser works properly or not. Reinstalling the browser will solve the problem for sure.
Old 20-01-2010

There is no problem with the browser you are using. There are some settings in the browser which are configured so that the private information of the users are not leaked. The purpose of the settings is to secure all the private information of the user such as password, credit card number etc. Also check if the Browser is configured to save the passwords and the private data of the user or not. To check the settings, Open the Mozilla firefox and then go to Tools Tab. Now select Options and then See the options which are selected in the Privacy and the Security Tab. Check only the options which you require and remove the check mark of all the options. Now save the settings and then restart the browser. Now see if the online shopping website is working or not.
Old 20-01-2010

Sometimes the addons and the application which are installed on the Browser create problems in normal working of the browser while visiting certain websites. As you are using Mozilla firefox, it has a diagnostic mode which is useful in finding problems in browser. Open the browser in Safe mode. Safe mode is diagnostic mode of Mozilla firefox. In safe mode only the basic functions of the browser are loaded without any addons or applications. Hence if any application or Addon is creating problem then the browser will work in safe mode properly. If the browser works properly in safe mode, then enable one add on or application at a time and see which is creating problem. Once the problem creating application is found, remove it. Hope the post helps.
Old 20-01-2010

It is possible that the computer is infected with some virus which is creating problems while using the browser. Virus's have tendency to link with the files which are used frequently and then replace the file which will lead to some random functions which the file is not supposed to do. Hence scan the computer with an updated antivirus and see how many files are infected. Repair or Quarantine the files which are infected and see if the browser is working properly or not. Do not delete any infected files as it may lead to system failure. Also if you dont have an updated antivirus, use the online scan facility which is provided by many of the Antivirus solution provider websites.
Old 09-06-2010

Hi......,

Even I am also facing same problem. If you got any solution for that problem means just forward it me.

Last edited by Maqbool : 09-06-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.
Old 09-06-2010

This is basically a problem associated with the plug ins requirement that may be needed by those site and the browser you use is not able to support your is lagging out with the feature. So it would be better that you check out for the thing and make the certain ailments to be fulfilled. This may help.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , ,