Thread: Introduction to E-mail Filtering

Introduction to E-mail Filtering

Hi,
    I want to know something about email filtering introduction. I received tons of mails everyday in my account. I need some tips on the same. I had tried many times for getting spam blocks. But the same is a really annoying for that. I need some working overview of E-mail Filtering. And how can I get rid from the spam.

Re: Introduction to E-mail Filtering

Subsequent to a small break away from the computer, I had got a lot of E-Mails session around. Note: According to the screen shot, I had seen that the mail which I had received from that none of the mail is n my inbox. For that I have used the option of filters to distribute them according to predefined rules. This screen shot was taken right after I opened OE. More on filters later, but first, a tour of the results of the filters.

Out of 275 E-Mails, 58 of them were mechanically removed without asking to me. I think the filter option had taken ALL E-Mail not directly addressed to me and removed it. Enormously no legitimate E-Mail sent by a real person or company will ever misrepresent where the E-Mail is going TO. Initially, you should recommended in the E-Mail Filtering Guide to automatically forward to and delete all E-Mails that did not pass my spam filters. This procedure was flawed with respect to how Outlook Express handles the action.

What Outlook Express does is delete the spammers from address and replace it with the E-Mail account presently in use. After understanding this problem, I deleted the suggestion. However, this step opened up a complete new can of worms. For the E-Mails that essentially are going to me, these are caught by my "Blocked Senders List" filter that mechanically deletes E-Mails originating from a particular domain or person on a domain. Again, more on the actual filters later.

After deleting a few significant E-Mails, I have taken the screen shot demonstrated as Image 1.3. Many people ask Why do you mechanically place a subject line in your E-Mails. This is the reason. It is tremendously easy to see that these people have visited my web site and essentially clicked on the link situated on my domain to contact me. I have little fear as to whether or not it is spam. Also, a VERY important note.

Look at the standard size of these E-Mails. Most are between 3KB and 6KB with none of them over 10KB. This will be significant in the next screen shot of the Filtered Spam. Something else to appreciate. Even though you deleted the From column for these screen shots, you always look to see who it came from. In the above screen shot, the From column is not deleted and you can essentially see the pathetic E-Mails addresses and names that these spams seem to come from. This was the small Introduction to E-mail Filtering.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain