Thread: Best application for Internet telephony

Best application for Internet telephony

Hi, as you all might be knowing that i am a Windows XP user but today i don't have query about my operating system but i wanted to know about any application with messenger for making voice calls to PC or Mobile phones. I am using Yahoo Messenger since a long time but to be frank, i din't found it much effective in Voice calls.

Some guys have suggested my\e about Skype but i don't have much idea about the same.. What you guys say, which is the best application for Internet Telephony ? Any help will be appreciated..

Re: Best application for Internet telephony

Thats correct, Skype created by the developers of Kazaa is specializing in Internet telephony and makes calling from computer to computer, as long as both users are connected and have speakers and microphone, free and without time-limited. The software unfortunately does not yet call the landline, but it should be rapidly proposed in a paid version, as well as several conferences.

Download Skype

As an application for Voice calls along with instant messenger, even i'll suggest that Skype is the best application for Internet telephony. The sound quality is excellent, almost comparable to a landline, and the software uses very little bandwidth (about 4kb / s), which can continue to browse or download while talking.

After installing the software, a green icon appears in the sistray. Double-clicking on it will open the software window. To close it, right click on this icon and choose "Quit". The first step is to Frenchify software. To do this, go to the Tools menu, point to Select Language and select French. Menus are automatically processed.

Skype is very easy to use Internet telephony application. You can try to search for contacts based on specific criteria: age, residence, language spoken ... To do this, select the Startup tab and click on Find a friend, then click the Advanced button in the window that opens to enter criteria. Click the Search button to find contacts, which appear in the text box at the bottom of the window. To add to your list, right click it and click Add to the list of friends.

You also have the possibility to call the person directly or see their profile by right clicking on its name. Finally, if you know the nickname of a person using the software, go to the Tools menu and click Add a contact and then type the nickname in the text box of the window that appears.

In Skype, to speak with someone face to face, main function of the software, select the nickname in the list, then press the green phone in the bottom of the window. When the contact answers, talk and then click the red phone to end the conversation. If you call, a buzzer will sound and the green button to agitate the systray. to get the same press the green button and the red hang up. Please note that all calls are listed in the History tab: missed calls, answered calls, discussion time, date and time of the call ...

You have several ways to contact someone from your list. Go to the Friends tab to view your contacts. You can first send text messages, by right-clicking a nickname and selecting Send a message. Then enter your normal text in the text box at the bottom of the window. You also have the possibility to appear as missing or held in your buddy lists, go to the File menu, point to Change your status and click on the appropriate choice. Your callers can send you text messages, but warned it would be useless to make a phone call.