Thread: Why cant I minimize windows in Mozilla Firefox?

Why cant I minimize windows in Mozilla Firefox?

Hello friends, I have recently installed Windows 7 on my desktop computer and I am facing many problems after the operating system upgrade. The most irritating problem of all is I Cant minimize current windows in Mozilla Firefox while running on Windows 7. Whenever I minimize the current window in Firefox, it does not go to task bar instead it disappears. This is very annoying as the Web page I was using gets lost. The only way I can only save the Websites I visit, is by opening multiple firefox windows without minimizing. If any of you is facing the same problem then please suggest some solutions.

Re: Why cant I minimize windows in Mozilla Firefox?

Windows 7 operating system comes with the built in Internet browser which is Internet explorer 8. Internet explorer 8 has many features similar to mozilla firefox and hence you can use Internet explorer instead of the Mozilla firefox and see if the default browser also behaves in the same way as the Mozilla firefox does. Internet explorer will not give the same problem while minimizing the Windows and hence can be used without any problem.

The problem could be because of the corrupted installation of the Mozilla firefox on the system which you are using. The files of the internet browser get corrupted easily and create problem like the one you are facing. Try to uninstall the browser and remove all the keys and files which are related to Mozilla firefox. Once all the related files are removed, install the application again and then see if you are able to minimize the current window in Mozilla firefox. Reinstalling the application will solve the problem.

Many times the add-ons and 3rd party applications which are installed with firefox corrupt the browser. If such an addon or 3rd party application is installed on the firefox, remove it and see if you are able to minimize the current window. To check if any of the addon or the 3rd party application is creating problems in firefox, you can start the browser in safemode. In safemode all the add ons and the 3rd party applications are disabled. If the browser works normally in safemode then uninstall all the addons and 3rd party applications. Hopefully it will solve the problem.

There are many plug-ins available for Mozilla firefox which can be downloaded and installed. After installing these plugins their is no need to minimize the windows instead you can scroll through them. Foxtab is one such plugin which can be downloaded and installed so that you are able to scroll through different windows without minimizing it. If the plugins do not help then you can download and install the latest version of the Mozilla firefox and see if the problem is solved.

It can be because of some virus which is creating problems in normal usage of the browser. Scan your computer with an updated antivirus and check for the infected files. Once the infected files are detected, repair or quarantine them and see if the browser works normally. Do not delete any file as it may lead to system failure. Once all the files are repaired, check if the browser is working properly. You can also use online scan facility provided by many antivirus solution provider companies.