Thread: Can not save or delete bookmarks in Internet Explorer 7

Can not save or delete bookmarks in Internet Explorer 7

I have a ACI icon S laptop that i am running with the Windows XP operating system and internet Explorer 7. Everything is up to date but the problem that arise is today when i am unable to save the Bookmark. The problem is not ended here only after that when i am trying to delete the Bookmark unable to do same also. So please tell me Why i can not save or delete bookmarks in Internet Explorer 7 . Help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Coty; 15-01-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Re: Can not save or delete bookmarks in Internet Explorer 7

Hey this is the known issue of the Internet Explorer 7 that happens because of the less knowledge about the IE7. Actually IE 7 run the in the protected mode because the Microsoft have define the Integrity for the same that create the permission level for it. That is why if the protected mode is on then you can't save setting of any accept bookmark too. So off the protected mode and then check whether it is working or not.

This happens because of the integrity sets for the security level. if you allow the integrity of IE7 then you can save or delete the bookmark in IE 7. So go through the steps that i am describing to help you for the same that will create the bookmark. hope you like this. Say thanks if you like it.
    • Click on the Start Menu
    • Click on the Run
    • Type cmd in the Run box
    • Now Right click on the Console and Click on the Run as Administrator
    • Now browse the folder to Bookmarks
    • After that paste "icacls bookmarks /setintegritylevel (OI)(CI)low" in it
    • Thats done.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Hey i think that some of the file of your Internet Explorer might be got corrupted that is why you are facing this problem. Just uninstall the complete Internet Explorer 7 from your system and then after giving a restart the and the install same again properly and then try to save the Bookmark and delete the same. I hope this will work because i have the same problem with the Favorite and solved with this. All the Best.

Hey Friends, i have tried all the above advice and let me tell you that it is still not working. Even the condition are more complicated. Now i am unable to do the same with the Favorite. So now i am frustrated. I am thinking of using other browser but the problem is that if i will get this problem in that too. Help me again.

If all the above method is not working then i think that your system is got corrupted with some kind of the Virus or the malware. So i will suggest you to scan your system for the Virus. Install the latest Anti-Virus and the update that with the latest definition and then scan the complete system. If found any then delete and install the IE7 again see t at whether this time it is working or not. It might solve your issue. Thanks