Thread: How to run Chrome OS with VirtualBox?

How to run Chrome OS with VirtualBox?

I have heard about the Chrome OS that is released for the use of the public and it is in testing process, So even i planed to use it and see the working detail. I have a virtual Box that i wish to run with the Chrome OS but still the problem is that i don't know how to run Chrome OS with virtualBox?. So if any one got the idea of running the same then let me know it and i will be thankful to them.

Re: How to run Chrome OS with VirtualBox?

The VirtualBOx is a tool that will enable the creation of the Chrome OS boot up for the computer running different OS. Just open the Virtual Box and then click on the new after that you will find a window click on the next after you got that window. Now on the next screen enter the name of the OS i.e. Chrome OS and click on next. Now on the other windows give the space for the Chrome OS it should be 512 MB or more then that. Select use existing hard disk on the next window. Now Then add the VMDK file you downloaded to Virtual Media Manager and select it. After that click on the Finish. Thats done. Thanks

Thanks for sharing the knowledge about the installation of the Chrome OS that will help me to run the OS virtually. Need more help regarding the good tools for the Virtualization so that i will run the Chrome OS with the better virtual software. I hope this time also i will get the right suggestion from your side.

The tool that you are running is itself is great tool for the Virtualization so i don't think so you need more tools for the same. So if you are still need to improve the functionality of the same then upgrade the VirtualBox or download the latest version of this software. I can suggest you to visit the this to get information regarding the same.

Hey i know that i am late for the reply but no issue i can give you the link that will help you to run the Chrome OS on the Virtual Box which will give you the complete detail of the installation of the same. SO if you need to run through the Virtual box. This link contain complete guide for the installation process, so just go through this once.
    Installing Chrome OS

You can also use the Microsoft Virtual PC for the virtualization of the which runs with the Windows 7 too. This have lots of feature that will allow you to run the Chrome OS and also this helpful form running the windows XP application on the Windows 7 that in not compatible with the same. So if you want to download the same then you have to follow the link