Thread: Tool to track internet history

Tool to track internet history

Which tool is best to keep a record of all web history. I want for my laptop. I had seen people using my laptop and then they wipe out the history. Recently I got a virus warning in the system and this was due to some blocked site. I want a independent tool. It must not be easy to clean the same. I am using Google Chrome. I hope this kind of tools even track the web pages when some one is using private browsing.

Re: Tool to track internet history

You need a monitoring tool. There are many. You can find them under Internet Monitoring. You can download and add it on your system and it will keep a record of each and every page visited on your system. It is resource intensive can make your system to work slow.

There are many which does not relies on the browser. They track the web history and maintain a log. I know one tool for Internet Explorer. The tool is called as IE HistoryView. This tool keeps a track of all history of web surfing when you are using Internet Explorer. It is a automated software which add all the details on its own and then you can go ahead with tracking out the content. It also tracks the auto-complete feature and very easy to manage also. The tool is very simple. The only issue is that it does not work with any other browser. It works with Internet Explorer only. You can generate a full list of url files created and keep it safe for future usage. There is one more tool called as BrowsingHistoryView. This tool might work with all other browser, but I am not really sure. You have to test this thing.

Try browser history spy. A tiny tool that can keep a track of pages you checked. You can get a portable version which run from the pen drive. So here no setup is needed. The tool works fine and does not give you any issue with web surfing.

Well I am looking for a free internet history tracking tool/utility. Our client has a few employees who's computers are always requiring virus removal, I have no idea what these guys are doing on their work computers but I am sick of it wasting my time..? Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by badra100 View Post
    Well I am looking for a free internet history tracking tool/utility. Our client has a few employees who's computers are always requiring virus removal, I have no idea what these guys are doing on their work computers but I am sick of it wasting my time..? Any suggestion will be appreciated!
    There is another way to track internet history without any software, just look in the history stored in your pc. What ever website you visit on your computer is stored in temporary files and history. But in any case if you want to use any third party software then you can download a tool called History Viewer which comes for free.

WHMCS Custom Design

Check the browsers first. In Internet Explorer press, “Cntrl, Shift, H” simultaneously, and the history pane will open at the left. In Firefox, the command is just “Cntrl, H.” That will show you the visited web sites grouped by day. If there is no history displayed, adjust the settings.