Thread: How to set Safari as default browser?

How to set Safari as default browser?

I have an Asus Laptop which is installed with Windows XP service pack 3. I have many browsers installed on the computer out of which I want to make Safari as the default browser. Currently the default browser of the system is Mozilla Firefox. I am facing many problems with Safari. I cant Set Safari as the Default browser.The Safari Preferences are not working. Some webpages only get half loaded. Also I would like to know how to change the Default Search engine in Safari?

Re: How to set Safari as default browser?

By looking at the problem it seems like the browser version you are using is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled. As you are facing many problems with the browser it is possible that the version is faulty. Uninstall the browser and then download the latest the version of the Safari. After uninstalling the the browser, remove all the keys and the entries which are related to Safari. After removing all the entries of the Safari and then install the browser again. After reinstalling the Browser, you will not face the same problems with the Browser.

It is easy to make the Safari as the default browser. There is an option in the Preferences which helps in setting up the browser as the Default browser. Open the Safari and then go to Safari menu and then select Preferences. In the preferences menu, check mark on the "Use the Browser as Default Browser". Click on it and then save the settings. Once the settings are saved, Safari will be the default browser of the system.

As you have many installed browser which is creating problem in setting the Safari as the default browser. If the preferences are not working then there is one more way in which you can make Safari as the Default browser. Uninstall all the installed browser including Safari. Then install Safari first which will make Safari as the Default browser. Then you can install all the browsers again and while installing dont make any browser as a default browser. Now you will be able to use Safari as the default browser

Every browser has settings by which you can change the default search engine. Hence you will be able to change the default search engine of the Safari. Open the Application and then go to Preferences. In the Preferences, check mark on "Use the Following Site as the Search Engine". In the Tab below it, enter the URL of the search engine which you want to make as the default search engine. After entering the URL, save the settings. By following these steps you will be able to change the default search engine.

Scan the computer with an updated antivirus and see if any of the files are infected or not. The symptoms which you have described are similar to some virus activity and hence scanning the system with antivirus will solve the problem. If you dont have an updated antivirus then you can use the facility of free online scan provided by Many antivirus solution companies like Mcaffe. Repair or Quarantine the infected files. Hopefully it will solve the problem.