Thread: No Internet connection in Internet Explorer 8

No Internet connection in Internet Explorer 8

Hi,

I have windows vista pc. I am not able to surf websites from my Internet Explorer 8. Firefox and opera works fine. I am able to surf sites in other browser's but the issue is only with IE 8. My internet connection is proper with good speed. Can anyone tell me why there is no Internet connection in Internet Explorer 8 ???

Re: No Internet connection in Internet Explorer 8

You need to check your network status, for doing this, use the Network Diagnostics Tool, The Network Diagnostics tool that is part of Windows Vista is specially made to test the network connection errors. The Network Diagnostics tool can also be used to determine if network-related programs are working properly. To use this tool to troubleshoot network connectivity problems, follow these steps:
    1. Open Internet Explorer, and try to access the Web page that causes problems with network connectivity.
    2. On the page that displays an error message in Internet Explorer, click on the link, Diagnose Connection Problems .

Ensure the cables that connect the computer or your home network are secured firmly. In addition, make sure the network devices such as modem, used by your computer are turned on and working properly. Verify that the cable connecting the modem to the wall is connected securely. The cable is most likely connected to either making a phone or a cable outlet.

It may also be a problem for the modem that is used to connect to the Internet , there must be a single cable that runs from the modem device. Verify that the cable connecting the modem to the outlet is connected at each end. The cable is most likely connected to either making a phone or a cable outlet. If the modem is connected to a port on the front of the desktop computer, try connecting the USB cable into a port on the back of the computer instead. Some computers do not provide sufficient power to the front USB ports. This can create problems with the connection to the modem.

It might be due to virus. Update your antivirus definitions and scan the whole computer. Windows Vista includes a firewall called Windows Firewall. By default, you enable Windows Firewall. However, you must verify that the Windows Firewall is enabled before connecting the computer to the Internet.

Add-ons or plug-ins are manually added or added with the installation of any application such as Adobe Acrobat Reader. Some are by default. A corrupt complement can also cause the freezing of Internet Explorer. To check this, right click on the icon. Internet Explorer and select Run no supplements. If Internet Explorer starts working properly, one or more of the supplements are corrupt.