Thread: How to copy content from web page without formatting?

How to copy content from web page without formatting?

Hello, I am having an issue with the Mozilla Firefox. Actually whenever i am copying the file from the Web page it is not copied in the format that i wish. It copy the complete content with image that i don't wish to. It is really frustrating some time. So is there any way that will copy the content from web page without formatting. I hope that i will get the right and accurate solution form here. Thanks in advance

Re: How to copy content from web page without formatting?

This is possible with the add on of the Mozilla that only allow you to the copy of the plain text without any image. This also work with viewing of the HTML code while copying the content of Firefox. This add on is known as the "Extended Copy Menu". When you select the content of the Web page at that time this will give you two option one is for the "Copy plain text" and another one for the Copy HTML. SO download it and enjoy it.
    Last edited by Jackson2; 13-01-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Can you help me more with the download of the "Extended Copy Menu" that will enable the copy of the content separately. And also let me know about the Copy Plain Text add on which i have come to know about when searching for the same. Thanks

OK, To down load it you have to follow some simple step that will download the "Extended Copy Menu" and install it on your system so that you can use it and enjoy the copy of the content from Web page without formatting.
    • Double Click on the Mozilla Icon from the Desktop
    • After start of it, Click on the Tools menu
    • Now click on the Add on menu item
    • A Dialog Box will open type "Extended Copy Menu" in the Search box and hit enter key from the Keyboard
    • Now click on "add to Firefox" button from the "Extended Copy Menu" link
    • Now click on the install button
    • And it will install the same.
    • Restart the browser

Thats it

"Copy Plain Text" is an add on which allow the copy of the text only from the Web page that you are visiting and not the image and other pop up of the page. So use it for the issue of your this will definitely work with the same. To know more regarding the same check the thread related to it.
    "Copy Plain Text" Firefox Add-on

Have you ever copied something to Thunderbird or Office and been annoyed that the text formatting (bold, font size, etc) came with it? Don't you wish you could just copy the text itself, without having to copy it, paste it into notepad, then copy it again? "Copy Plain Text" extension gives you an option to copy text without the formatting. You can even set it to trim extra space in and around the copied text!. To know more about it and download the same click here