Thread: Slow Script error in Safari

Slow Script error in Safari

I have a Macbook Pro which is running on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow leopard. I use Safari to browse the internet. Lately the Safari is behaving really odd. When I try to access Gmail, Safari Freezes and gives a Slow Script error. When this happens the I have forcefully shut Safari down. I tried to access Gmail from Safari many times but every time it ends up freezing. I cant figure what the problem is and hence need your help in solving this problem.

Re: Slow Script error in Safari

Are you using the new version of the Safari browser? The New Safari 4.0 which is available now a days has many issues with it. Many Mac users have faced problems with the browser crashing while browsing sites. I think the problem you are facing is also related the version of the browser you are using. Try to use some stable version of the safari and see if it gives same error or not. Also you can try to use some other browser till a new stable version of Safari is released.

Try this and see if it helps while using Gmail on Safari. Using the Apple menu, select and Open the Key chain access for Application and utilities. Now delete the passwords which are populated in the left side pane. After deleting the passwords, Select the Gmail account from the right pane and delete it. Once the passwords and the Gmail account are deleted, exit the Key chain access utility. Now try to open Gmail in Safari, it will not give any problems while opening. The problem you were facing was due to corrupt passwords which gets saved in the Key chain access when you log in to any website. Deleting the password entry and account detail will allow you to log in to gmail without any problems.

Clearing all the cookies, private data and temporary internet files from the browser will solve the problem I think. Many times the invalid entries in cookies and the temporary internet files. Clearing the Cache and the cookies will delete all the invalid entries. Open Safari and go to preferences and select the Security tab. Now Check mark on Show Cookies. Now Find the cookie named "mail.google*com" (replace *by .) and then delete it and then relaunch the browser again and then try and access the Gmail from Safari, it should not give the error again.

I think that you are executing the Safari in Rosetta mode. In Rosetta mode you are able to use gizmos in Safari but the basic functions of the Safari suffer while in Rosetta mode. Many websites especially mail clients give error while working in Rosetta mode. Check if the browser is running in Rosetta mode. To check if the browser is running in Rosetta mode, Go to the application folder and then Control click on the Safari Launch Icon and select Get info. Now click on the Down arrow, and see if there is check mark against Rosetta mode. If the check mark is there then Remove it and then launch the browser again and check if it freezes while using Gmail.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

The problem is not with the browser but the Gmail itself. Many Mac as well as Windows users are facing problems with their browser when trying to access Gmail. Whenever somebody Logs in to Gmail, it automatically logs us in to the Gtalk client even if we only want to view or send the emails. This Gtalk client freezes many of the browsers while loading as it has some coding errors due to its embedding in to the email client. I would suggest you to access Gmail by loading it into the Simple HTML mode in which the Chat client is disabled. I dont think there should be any problems in using Gmail in HTML mode only.