Thread: Adding Signature in Mail app

Adding Signature in Mail app

Currently i am running mail 1.3.11 on OS X10.3.9, over here i want to add a signature to my email account, i have try to check it out but there is no signature option under Mail -> Preferences. Does anyone know or direct me where i can add signature to my Mail app or tell me how can i activate Signature Option.

If you want to add Signature in Mail application then you need to goto Mail preferences and at the top of the window that says Signatures, click on it and you will be able to add your signature to your email account and if there is a black arrow on the right side of the icons across the top, click on it and see if it shows up now.

Thanks for replying me i have try to follow the things which you had mention but after going into Preference option i am not able to see any Signature option and at the same time i have also click on black arrow on the right side of the icons across the top, but nothing shows up over there too.

If you really want to add signature in your mail account for that you need to follow the below steps:-

1. Make sure that you have signature setup in Mail and now quit mail.
    2. Then create a web page in your favorite editor.
    3. Open the same page in Safari Browser and save the page as a web archive.
    4. Now place the web archive in the ~/Library -> Mail -> Signatures directory and then renaming it to match the signature you want to replace.

Ethan123 Guest

Cannot add signature to Apple Mail.app in Mac OS X Tiger?

Hello friends,

I am using Mac OS X Tiger as my operating system and from a long back i want to add signature to my Apple Mail.app and at the same time i need to have auto insert for the signature whenever I open a new message signature should get added automatically, even if I completely delete and recreate the signature.

If you want to add Signature in Mail app Mac OS X Tiger, then goto Apple Mail and then go to the Mail menu and select Preferences option. Now Select the Signatures icon at the same time make sure the Account is highlighted, then create your new signature by pressing the small plus sign and now Edit the text of the new signature in the rightmost panel. Now at the bottom you will see Choose signature option make sure the Signature you just created is chosen. Now finally close the Preferences and quit mail.