Thread: What are the safety features in firefox.

What are the safety features in firefox.

Hi,
    I need some safety tips to browse safely on Firefox.This is because I had found many pop ups on my browser which hangs the Firefox. Suddenly when I launch the browser 5 to 10 tabs open up automatically spoiling my bandwidth. I don't want to switch to a different browser now. I need some suggestions and tips to enable some securities in Firefox.

Re: What are the safety features in firefox.

When you surf the Internet, without necessarily knowing it, you face many threats. The problem lies in preforming online transaction like shopping or etc. So here you need to apply more security options like Internet security suite. This suite are capable of catching phishing sites and blocks unnecessary pop ups. It is necessary that you must go through via trusted sources only.

With Firefox, you have many tools and settings to help you effectively protect yourself against scam sites and scam artists anywhere. The first is get information about page views. Firefox allows you to learn more about the sites you visit through a button Identification: Gray, blue, green or red, it shows you the level of Firefox's knowledge of the site owner and its dangerousness. Click on the icon of the visited page in the address bar. In the window that opens, click the More Info button.

Yes the more info button provides that the site in question has taken the time to inform its spec sheet, you get information on the owner and location. Statistical data more or less interesting with your data privacy are, Do I have visited this website before, this Web Site collects Does information (cookies) on my computer, do I have a saved password to the site, etc.

Clear out the cookies to clear the important data from your PC. This must bed one frequently in order to avoid virus and loss of information. You can see the show by clicking on the View Cookies button and the View Saved Passwords. In the window that appears, you can delete cookies or passwords from this site. Do this every time when you finish your session on Firefox.

By setting permissions also you can help to avoid error in your system created by threat sites. Also in the info window on the page you're visiting, you can set for the current site to behave for loading images or not, whether to open pop-ups , Leave cookies or not, or not install themes or extensions for the browser.Open the Permissions tab. Unchecked the default permission before permission to edit, upload images and define such behavior to follow. The images will be blocked and the site. Close the window.

By highlighting the area of a secure page you can also get some benefit. When viewing a secure page where the identity of the publisher has not been certified, only the site icon in the address bar will change color. It is easy to be duped by an unscrupulous Web site you think you are on a secure page of a site and you are actually on another page. To avoid this, you can highlight the domain of the page that you view to ensure it is correct. In the address bar of Firefox, type the about: config and press Enter.