Thread: "Cookies are blocked" pop up on Firefox

"Cookies are blocked" pop up on Firefox

Hi, i am new to community and found it really effective. Thanks to you all guys.. This is my first and hope you all guys can help me for sure..

I am a Windows Xp user and am new for Firefox as well. Before this i was using Internet Explorer 6. Now with Firefox sometimes when i visit any website i got a pop up message saying "cookies are blocked". I am just not able to open those particular page or website. What is meant by this? Please help me out to fox this error ?

Help appreciated.!

Re: "Cookies are blocked" pop up on Firefox

Hi and well come to Techarena, mate. Cookie is an important thing that is used while browsing with any of the browser. It is an information stored on your computer by a website you visit. It stores information including personally identifiable information and settings for a website, such as your preferred language or location. That can be useful when you return to the site as Firefox sends back the cookies that belong to the site.

Anyways, to fox this out, i'll suggest you to set your Firefox browser to not accept cookies and to do is you need to turn on the cookies. Here is how to do that:-

• Open Firefox and click on the Tools menu, and select Options.
    • Select the Privacy panel and set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
    • Mark the check box for Accept cookies from sites.
    • Also make sure Accept third party cookies is check marked.
    • Now Click Exceptions and make sure the site you're trying to access isn't listed.
    • If it is listed, click on its entry, then click Remove Site.

Thats it...

I was also facing this problem with my Firefox 3.5 some couple of weeks ago. While work around i found that the cause was temporary data stored on my computer. I just deleted cookies and temporary data and the problem was fixed. Hope this can work for you as well. In order to delete cookies and temporary data try this steps:-

• Click on the History menu and select Show All History to open the Library window.
    • At the top right corner, type the name of the website you wish to forget in the Search History field, and press Enter.
    • In the resulting list, right-click on the site you wish to forget, and select Forget About This Site.
    • Close the Library window.

Let me know if the problem exist..

Cookies can store a wide range of information like your address, e-mail address, or telephone number, etc.. All these activities of storing and sending cookies are invisible to you but you can change this settings to allow you to approve or deny cookie storage requests. If you cannot log in to websites after removing the cookies associated with it, clearing your Firefox cache, and trying with your extensions and plugins disabled, and have checked security software, you may have a corrupt cookies file in your Firefox profile folder.

Many times just deleting cookies won't fix this pop up unless cache is cleared. You need to clear both cookies and cache. To delete this click Tools, then select Clear Recent History from the top of the Firefox window. In the Time Range to clear: drop-down, select Everything. Click the arrow next to Details to display the list of items that can be cleared. Select both Cookies and Cache. Click Clear Now. You are done.

Sometimes extensions and themes also create such problem with Firefox. Not always but less often. If you are still getting "Cookies are blocked" pop ups, i'll suggest you switch back to the default extension and themes if you have change them. You can do all this from your Firefox's Add-ons window. To be there just click the Tools menu and then select Add-ons.