Thread: How to force Extension to work with Firefox 3.6?

How to force Extension to work with Firefox 3.6?

I have recently upgraded my browser that is Firefox 3.5 with the Firefox 3.6 and the problem is that the upgrade is successful but after the up gradation the extensions are not working with the same. This show some compatibility issue which i am unable to solve. So tell me how to force extension to work with Firefox 3.6 so that i can use the extension otherwise i have to install all extension again that i don't want to do. Thank you
    Last edited by Riverbank; 11-01-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Re: How to force Extension to work with Firefox 3.6?

This is the compatibility issue that is happens with the new release of the Mozilla Firefox 3.6. This can be solved with the following trick. All you have to do is just follow the procedure given below and see the working of the same.
    • Start your browser
    • On address bar type type about:config
    • Right click on the page and new> Boolean
    • Now enter the "extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6"
    • Now on the enter value to false on the Enter Boolean value

Thats it!! This will disable the compatibility check of the extension that you are using.

This can be solved with the help of the a famous tool known as the Nightly tester tool. Which deal with the incompatible extension of the Firefox 3.6. This will make the extension compatible to run with same and you don't need to download the latest one. Download it and enjoy it. Hope you will like the same. Thanks

Here i am explaining about the Nightly tester tools that is helpful for the problem you are getting. This adds extras useful to those that test nightly builds of Firefox. This fix the extension compatibility, title bar customization, Build ID retrieval, Screenshots, Talkbackinformation, Restoration of tabs, Leak log analysis, original text content from the Official site. Thats it

If you are getting the issue of extension not compatible then you have to update the extension form the Firefox only. You have to update from the tools menu and then to add on after that on the add on extension click on the find updates that will update the extension of the same. After the update is finished the restart your browser to change take effect. Hope you will do it in the same as suggested. Thanks

I have searched a lot for your issue and finally i have came up with the solution of updating the add on of your browser. For that you have to follow the procedure given in the below link. So do the same as it was suggested in the link and see the working of the same. Say thanks if it works for you.
    Here is the link Add-ons or extension not compatible with Firefox 3.6