Thread: How to check the links are safe

How to check the links are safe

Hi,

I am a internet user and surf daily 8-10 hours on my browser, I am using internet explorer 7 version. Sometimes when i search anything in Google , i found many website link as a result, So i know that how can i identify that the given link are safe or not? please advice.Thanks in advance.

I am using McAfee’s SiteAdvisor, for link check. It have toolbar that covered the site review of the website that you visit by link. You just need to enter the sites URL and check whther the site is safe or not. SiteAdvisor reports the website’s online affiliations and has numerous community member reviews or ratings. You can also used this toolbar by Macafee.

Re: How to check the links are safe

Norton SafeWeb is also provides to check a website for threats. It displaying a site threat report with strong community presence in the form of reviews and ratings in the right sidebar. The actual Norton review starts with the green for site is safe, orange for caution is advised, red for unsafe site and grey for untested , followed by the threat report. It can also help for e commerce site. Best of luck.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Phishtank can also help you find for phising site and link. It describe whether a site is phish which, according to the site, is a fraudulent attempt to steal the site visitor’s information. You can also report the phishing site on Phishtank by registered yourself as user in Phishtank website. You can also search the link whether its safe or not bu copy paste to Phishtank website search box. Try this and reply.

Re: How to check the links are safe

If you know only whether a site is safe and want to skip the details of the analysis, Online Link Scan is the best option for you. It collects and summarizes the threat reports of the aforementioned Phishtank, AVG and Google Safe Browsing engines. It display a clear and simple picture of whether a site is clean. But you find more adds on the website which is irritating. Try this and reply.

You can also use AVG’s Linkscanner that is a browser plug-in and free downloaded through the AVG sites. If you have AVG antivirus 2008 edition, it is automatically built in and no need to install. When you search the content in Google it display the site with green tick icon that the the site is safe for browsing. It is the best way to check the link. Please reply if you found any issue. Best of Luck.