Thread: How to copy Newsletter from Gmail to USB drive?

How to copy Newsletter from Gmail to USB drive?

Hello there, I am in fix and dont know how to go about it. I have some Newsletter which I save in a particular folder in Gmail. Now I want to copy the Newsletters from Gmail to a USB drive. I tried to copy the newsletters to my hard drive but it did not work. After copying the files did not open. I have about 300 newsletters which i want to use as reference in future. I am not much of a Computer person and hence dont know what exactly do for saving this Newsletters. If anybody knows how to save the Newsletter to an external USB drive, please help.

Re: How to copy Newsletter from Gmail to USB drive?

As you have already tried to copy the Newsletter from Gmail to your hard disk and as it didnt work, it is clear that there is no way in which this can be achieved. When you are creating a folder in Gmail, it is like creating a folder on the Remote server. From this server you are allowed only to view the files but you cannot copy them. The Newsletter which you have saved in a folder in Gmail can only be accessed and not shared or copied. Therefore there is no way in which the newsletter can be copied to the USB drive.

You can save the newsletter with a very basic way, but it will take lot of time. Open the Newsletter and then Copy only the content. Now create a New Text file using Microsoft Word. Now paste the content in the file and save it by giving appropriate name to the file. Like this open all the newsletter one by one and then copy the content and paste it into respective word files. Once the content of all the newsletter is copy pasted in the respective files, you can transfer all the files to the USB drive. I know this is will take a lot of time as the no. of files is more, but if the information is worth it then this is only way in which you can save the files to USB drive.

If you have an E-mail client installed and configure on the system, then there would be no problem in saving the Newsletter on the hard drive. Install any of the Email clients such as Outlook express or Outlook and configure it to receive emails from Gmail. In this way the mails you receive in Gmail will also get saved on the local machine using Outlook express or Outlook. Once this mails are on local machine, we can save them on the hard drive by using Email client as dbx or pst files. This files can be transferred to USB drive and can be accessed later by using the same client.

Gmail account itself provides us with a way for saving emails on our computer. You do no require any email client installed or configured to be able to receive the emails and then save it in dbx or pst format. Just log in to your Gmail account and then click on the LABS option on the top. Now keep scrolling down to fine a option which says "Create a document" and click on it. Now select enable option in the tab next to it. This will create a document on the computer which you will be able to transfer or view whenever or wherever you want.

Thank you all for giving such a fast response to my query. By using LABS option in gmail i was able to save all newsletter on my hard drive as a text document which i later transferred it to USB drive.