Thread: Removing screen savers from Mac OS.

Removing screen savers from Mac OS.

I am having new iMac27" and MacOSX 10.6.3 and played a little with camera through PhotoBoth and have taken some of my pictures.
    Suddenly those pictures begin to appear as the screen saver but I have not done so. I am trying to remove it from the screen saver but I am not able to get rid of it. Anybody has any idea how can I remove screen savers from Mac Operating system.

Re: Removing screen savers from Mac OS.

I think the screensaver system preference setting is configured in such a way that it can pull the pictures from your Picture folder. I will suggest you to go to the Finder and remove the pictures you want to remove.

If you need to delete the photos then you can open the destination
    ~/Pictures/Photo Booth folder
    After that delete the pictures, you can also delete the pictures from the PhotoBooth.app.

If you have installed the screensavers by double clicking it and not by placing the .saver file in the screen saver folder.
    Then there are two options for this

If you have installed it for all the users, then go to
    /Library/Screen Savers
    If you have installed it for current user, then go to
    /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Screensavers
    You can delete them with out worrying about anything since there are no ill effects of this.

Everybody loves the drag and drop nature of OS X. Drag an app into your applications folder, and it is installed. You would think it would be that easy to delete an app — just a matter of dragging it to the trash. But it's not. Apps install support files on your computer that generate clutter. Introducing AppZapper. Simply drag one or more apps onto AppZapper. Then, watch as it finds the extra files and lets you delete them with one click.

According to me this is the perfect solution for your problem and I guarantee it that it will work definitely for removing the screen saver from your Mac operating system. Normally the screen savers are store in the
    /System >Library >Screen Savers folder
    But if you are looking in the Finder you will not be able to get it. Because of the simple reason its name starts with the period (.) that means the Finder believes it to be invisible.

Hence in place of that open a terminal and run these two commands and you have to provide the administrator password if it is required or if asked.

Code:
    $ cd "/System/Library/Screen Savers"
    $ sudo mv .Mac.slideSaver .Mac.slideSaver.old
    This will make sure that .Mac screen saver is disabled and if you want to get it back in the future you have to use these two commands.
    Code:
    $ cd "/System/Library/Screen Savers"
    $ sudo mv .Mac.slideSaver.old .Mac.slideSaver
    I have tested this solution and it works perfect.

It took me about two hours to figure how to delete those "deleted" pictures from the "Picture" folder.

I successfully removed pictures under the Photo booth library.

At first, I use Spotlight to search "jpg," the search came back with most of the pictures i wanted to delete but not all of it. Then, i went back to screen savers setting, some of the "deleted" pictures were still there. That means, not all the jpeg files were found using Spotlight. I am disappointed on my Mac for the first time although I found a solution.

Go to Finder, and go under "Pictures," "right" click on the Photo Booth Library. Next, click "show package contents." Then, those "hidden" folders show up. Now, hope that you can find your pictures and delete them.

I believe you can somehow do the same thing to the iPhoto library.
    Last edited by ykca; 01-12-2011 at 07:59 AM.