Thread: How to move photos from Gmail to Picasa

How to move photos from Gmail to Picasa

Hello and Happy New Year everyone!

I have lot of attachment photos in my gmail account which my friends have sent me, and i daily gets those kind of emails, and its becoming difficiult for me to manage all those images, that's why i want to transfer those images into Picasa account. Is it possible to transfer photos from Gmail to Picasa ? If yes then please respond here.

Thank you for your solutions

Re: How to move photos from Gmail to Picasa

hello

Its quite simple to add them in picasa, when you recives any images via attacments gmail offers a link called "Download all attachments" in your email, simply download all images in your Picasa configured folder and in Picasa there as an option to automatically search for new files in File Manager Tools and click on (your choice) analysis continuously or only once.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Auto transfer between gmail and picasa

Thanks for your reply, but i have lot of emails with lot of umages as attachments, it will take lot of time doing this manually all day, any auto transfer possible between gmail and picasa?

Quote Originally Posted by madrelo View Post
    Thanks for your reply, but i have lot of emails with lot of umages as attachments, it will take lot of time doing this manually all day, any auto transfer possible between gmail and picasa?
    No, there is not auto transfer available between gmail and picasa, you have to manual transfer image attachments from your gmail account to you pc and then to picasa photo album.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

Picasa doesn't physically store your image files, they are located on your hard disk. During installation, Picasa scanned your computer for image file types are compatible, then creats a thumbnail reference to them. You can determine which locations on your computer Picasa monitors for picture files using the Picasa Folder Manager. Click on Tools -> Folder Manager. You can change the status of files scanned by Picasa.

There are three settings you can choose for your picasa folder locations:

• "Scan Always": Picasa will access all compatible image types and will access all newly added photos. Picasa actively scans this folder for changes.
    • "Scan Once": Picasa will access all compatible image types once. It will not detect new photos added to this folder.
    • "Remove from Picasa": Picasa will not look in locations set to "Remove from Picasa" for photos.

Use Showzey.Showzey is a new service that gathers all the photographs that you have hosted in Flickr and Picasa along with the ones in accounts such as Gmail and Facebook and then proceeds to liberate them all. “What does that mean?”, I hear you say. Basically, it means that your photographs become shareable and accessible from just everywhere. You no longer have to log in and out of accounts in order to retrieve them, and you can carry out actions such as creating RSS feeds with your best stills and captioning your pictures.

Showzey is FREE!

br,
    Selim
    Last edited by rupesh; 18-02-2010 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Link Removed