Thread: TCP/IP CP Reported Error 733

TCP/IP CP Reported Error 733

Hi,

I'm trying to create a vpn connection, I've done it before and I do the same but it gives me an error "733" and that say's TCP/IP CP reported error 733: Your computer and the remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocols. I have tried disabling multicast, set DHCP to a fixed pool, but there was no change. What does this error mean ??

Re: TCP/IP CP Reported Error 733

Make sure that the TCP / IP protocol is installed on your RAS server, and that the TCP / IP protocol is enabled in the Server Settings option for the Network Configuration dialog box "Remote Access Setup. Your remote access client has been dialed to request the TCP / IP protocol. However, they have selected in the server, the network configuration settings for the Remote Access Setup is the TCP / IP option.

If you have chosen in the above mentioned server settings as per AugieBenDoggie, for the Remote Access Setup the TCP / IP protocol, you have to use the option to configure TCP / IP also choose "DHCP for TCP / IP addresses to assign selected. The DHCP server is either not installed or the DHCP service has been in the Services option in Control Panel disabled, or your remote server could receive for a specific reason not lease from the DHCP server.

You need to make sure that all the bindings for TCP / IP tab of the "commitments" in the Network dialog box in Control Panel are enabled. You should also review the TCP/IP-Protocol and WINS Client (TCP / IP) bindings for all adapters, all protocols and all services. If the TCP / IP bindings are corrupt, you may need TCP / IP and / or reinstall RAS to clean up the bindings.

TCP/IP CP Reported Error 733 means "That your pc and the remote computer could not agree on PPP control protocols." So it seems that there are some areas of conflict between the VPN client and VPN gateway. Search for properties on the client VPN. The multilink configuration can be found on the Network tab -> Settings. In ISA, all the VPN settings are in the RRAS MMC. There are two places to study: the properties of the server (this is the global configuration) and the properties of different remote access policies.